VP, Product Line, Food Preservation and Home Comfort, APAC
Lead the profitable growth of the Food Preservation and Home Comfort categories across Asia Pacific via a mix of consumer relevant design-led product innovation and identification of additional new business opportunities.
As a key member of the Asia Pacific Leadership Team, the position’s mission is, for both Food Preservation and Home Comfort categories, to:
• Plan and deliver the annual budget and strategic plan.
• Define the future growth strategies for the categories & the key enablers.
• Ensure the speedy & timely creation & delivery of consumer relevant and design-led product innovation.
• Increase speed-to-market and operational effectiveness in close cooperation with Brand Marketing, Design, and Heads of other Product Lines.
• Effectively manage the range of Food Preservation and Home Comfort products across Asia Pacific.Key Operational Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the complete P&L for both Food Preservation and Home Comfort categories
• Develop & execute a rolling 5 year Generation Plan with clear consumer-insight-based USP and business case while ensuring adherence to commercial launch windows by market (Asia & Pacific)
• Align Generation Plans across the Product team to leverage common themes wherever applicable & ensure the output is consistent with brand design & strategies.
• Ensure alignment and strong cooperation with Industrial Operations to ensure proper product industrialization and product maintenance
• Develop a Category Strategic Marketing Plan, including product ranging by business model, category life-cycle and resource requirements (people & capex)
• Drive range definition and product launches within the set frame of seasonal ranging, including target
• Launch Price definition and price management
• Drive and lead collaboration with brand marketing to ensure messaging and point of purchase material consistency
• Manage category life cycle together with Marketing Ensure high quality of products in market
• Set Cost-out targets and ensure their achievement
• Initiate and support Investment Requests and follow-ups
• Secure the implementation of critical processes and governance tools (PMF Gate / IPP / budgeting & reporting)
• Drive, motivate and coach the Product and R&D teams to deliver their KPIs including innovation and cost out targets in a cost-effective & speedy way.
• Drive organizational capability by building a highly committed and capable team, coaching and mentoring incumbents and/or bringing in additional talent as needed
• Provide employees with the authority, accountability, training, information and resources to achieve their full potential and successfully drive the company’s performance
• Lead business transformation activities and also control competitive information intelligence, enabling strategic decision making and a cross-platform perspective in the management team
• Actively and effectively represent Asia Pacific business requirements in the Global Product Board
DESIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
Required Profile (Experience on the job, Career experiences, Overall experiences):
• At least 10 years of international experience in management roles in commercial functions (Marketing / Sales and Product Management)
• Direct work experience in Asia is preferable.
• Experience in White Goods or Durable Goods industry are preferredTechnical Competencies:
• Proven leadership capabilities in delivering superior business results
• Sound balance of strategic / conceptual thinking and operational focus
• True passion for products and consumer driven innovation
• Good brand strategy and brand building understanding Overall Competencies:
• Strong, trustworthy team leader & team-player – able to manage & influence positively diverse cross-functional teams across Asia Pacific
• Results driven, hands-on self-starter
• Commercially savvy & financially knowledgeable manager, with a keen business interest to drive profitable sales growth.
• Capable to embrace and drive change (proven change management skills).Soft Competencies:
• Comfortable in a matrix organization, able to influence across different functions and across different levels within the organization
• Strong cooperation and team playing approach across all parts of our business