1st Shift Trainer
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
The Warehouse Trainer is a critical role within the Fairburn Warehouse operation and is required to ensure the needed skills and capabilities are developed in order to deliver on the operational objectives. Responsibilities for this role include collaborating with all departments within the facility including close communication with the operations team to ensure compliance with all training requirements
- Assess the training needs of the warehouse environment by evaluating facilities and engaging employees in conversation
- Design training solutions to meet the individual needs of each employee
- Conduct operational training programs
- Train all newly hired individuals and those inducted through job rotation activities by ensuring that they comprehend warehouse processes
- Observe employees to determine the efficacy of training programs and ensure that any additional training requirements are fulfilled
- Exhibit and practice positive communications and team building skills with trainees to ensure a consistently professional environment
- Document each training program and module properly and provide follow up for refresher training courses
- Ascertain that trainees are aware of procedures and conformity at each stage of the training
- Write SOPs and deliverables for workplace efficiency and safety and ensure that each member is aware of associated rule
WHO YOU ARE:
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You start and you finish, taking responsibility for getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You understand and empathize with people and can apply your people and problem solving skills to reassuring customers.
- You appreciate and understand process and the project goals.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred
- 2-3 years’ warehouse training experience
- Operational experience is preferred
- Experience working with variety of WMS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to multi-task under pressure independently and as part of the team
- Strong work ethic with a focus on results
- Strong attention to detail, with excellent follow-up skills
- Creative problem solver, ready to take ownership of assigned duties in a timely manner
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP, Warehouse management systems, SAP, etc.
- Flexibility to work standard shifts as well as extended business hours depending on warehouse needs