1st Shift Yard Driver
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting
the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the
everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning,
and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to
innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will be responsible for the movement and spotting of containers to facilitate the needs of the Warehouse in and out of dock and staging areas within the yard. Yard driver is responsible for timely movements and thorough knowledge of on-hand inventory and positioning. Responsible for off-loading trailers and sea containers, receive product into the warehouse. Ensure proper storage of product and loading of trailers/railcars with the correct product for each specific customer. Ensure all inventory transactions are done correctly and in a timely manner with the use of RFS and or computer. Must be able to operate lift- clamp equipment while following established safe work practices.
- Safely operator tractors to switch empty and full containers to and from shipping and receiving dock and yard.
- Communicate with office coordinators on daily movements of trailers and customer needs.
- Inspect containers for damage or unsafe alterations and report any findings to Warehouse Supervisor.
- Complete daily inspection of jockey truck noting any maintenance issues to management.
- High organization skills to maintain a neat and orderly lot to maximize efficiency.
- Experience in forklift operation, computer systems and distribution warehouse activities.
- Complete knowledge of warehousing, shipping and inventory control policies and procedures and always follow safe operating procedures.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You start and you finish, taking leadership of getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You know how to structure a case and get people on board.
- For you, every challenge offers opportunity and potential. You just have to find it.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 3-5 years’ experience driving, and spotting trailers preferred.
- Must have a valid state driver’s license.
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to sudden changes in operational goals/demands.
- Able to perform coupling procedures for the tractor/trailer.