2nd Shift Clerk
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
The Warehouse clerk is a critical role within the Fairburn Warehouse and
is required to ensure the accurate and on-time receipt of inbound loads and
outbound customer shipments.
Responsibilities for this role include collaborating with all
departments within the facility, the Electrolux RDC Advocate Team, Electrolux
Sourced Deployment Team, International Transportation Team and Ryder Load
Planners. This position requires close communication with the operations team
to ensure compliance with quality standards, procedures, policies, deadlines,
etc., and helps in resolving any issues.
This position requires reacting to all management requirements with a sense of urgency to ensure high service levels. This role includes understanding the inventory layout within the facility, effective communication with inbound / outbound clamp operators and carriers for pick-up and drop-off schedules. This individual will also be responsible for the effective use of WMS for the generating of picklists, put away lists, load sheets and outbound BOLs.
- Responsible for monitoring merchandise received and shipped from facility, i.e., shortages as well as overages.
- Create shipping / receiving documents; to include Pick Lists, put away Lists, Load Sheets, BOLs and Packing Slips.
- Responsible for logging in system inbound and outbound discrepancies, such as wrong product, incorrect quantity, and damages.
- Prepare routine reports and file shipping receiving documents.
- Effectively communicate with Front Office clerk when needing to order office supplies.
- Limits access to receiving / loading dock by unauthorized individuals.
- Work in tandem with various departments and maintain flexible attitude supporting all the work that helps achieving organizational goals.
- Coordinate damaged and defective products and make sure that it is accounted and handled properly.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- High School diploma required; College degree preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience of Shipping / Receiving Office Clerk responsibilities.
- Operational experience is preferred.
- Understanding of SAP.
- Experience working with variety of WMS Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to multi-task under pressure independently and as part of the team.
- Strong work ethic with a focus on results.
- Strong attention to detail, with excellent follow-up skills.
- Creative problem solver, ready to take ownership of assigned duties in a timely manner.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP, Warehouse management systems, SAP, etc.
- Flexibility to work standard shifts as well as extended business hours depending on customer needs.