2nd Shift Operations Supervisor
DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
This position will
have responsibility for the overall management of the day to day operations of
the Regional Distribution Center. You will provide direction and leadership to all
distribution functions including maintenance, shipping, receiving, and safety to
ensure customer satisfaction while meeting quality and delivery commitments. You will be responsible for developing and managing
a world-class global appliance hi-performance distribution operation strategy
tied to ESMA goals and objectives for on time
delivery of all orders whether emergency, rush, or routine, balanced by corporate
inventory turnover expectations.
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership for the accurate and timely delivery of customer orders.
- Ensure the effective operational capability of the facility, driving improvements in operational capabilities, efficiencies, and quality.
- Manage the operating costs of equipment and other assets, including management of maintenance and capital costs and budgets to assure acceptable return on investment.
- Oversee the budgeting process for the facility and monitor departmental performance against established budgets to meet financial objectives. Also drive cost outs through the facility as well as Transportation.
- Coach, mentor, and develop employees, both direct and indirect reports, assuring effective teamwork and individual effectiveness within the organization.
- Work closely with Inventory Control, Demand Flow and Supply, Planning Sales and Sales, HR, and Fulfillment.
- Drive Continuous Improvement and Process Metrics/Measurements while ensuring successful shipment of month-end order volume spikes.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You work efficiently and proactively to deliver results.
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You appreciate and understand process and the project goals.
- Maximizing efficiencies and hitting KPIs are just the beginning: your real passion is delivering products that change and enhance lives. The rest is a bonus.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- A four-year college degree, preferred or equivalent management experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in the field or a related area.
- Strong people leadership skills with demonstrated team building and motivational competencies.
- Experience with strategic planning and problem solving.
- Proven background in reducing costs, improving processes, managing change, and managing people to continuously improve and grow an operation.
- Knowledge and experience using WMS and Transportation Management Systems/WMS for load planning, routing, and optimization of outbound shipments for with service and cost as key factors.