2nd Shift Operations Supervisor
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The RDC Supervisor’s primary responsibility is to supervise the day-to-day activities of the Fairburn RDC. The RDC Supervisor is responsible to ensure that the Company’s shipping objectives are consistently met. This individual is also responsible to address infrastructure issues associated with the operation, as well as ensuring full compliance with all safety, quality, and housekeeping policies and standards.
- Enforce all company policies and procedures to create a safe, secure, clean, and productive work environment.
- Address all infrastructure/equipment issues which include, but is not limited to, facility maintenance, racking, powered conveyor, fork trucks/material handling equipment, computer systems, WMS, and RF devices and network.
- Ensure all new associates receive the necessary safety and procedural training before being assigned to RDC activities and that training for new or revised procedures is done in a timely manner and is documented correctly.
- Read and analyze KPI and production tools to monitor facility performance and make adjustment as necessary to achieve objectives.
- Supervise team and provide training and coaching to improve performance; serve as a primary resource to address employee related tasks/issues.
- Administer the annual performance review process. Maintain employee morale through active listening, conflict resolution, and by using effective leadership skills.
- Develop cross-functional teams and provide direction to optimize efficiencies.
- Drive and implement lean principles for the demand flow process; develops and implements plans to address issues within the RDC using root cause analysis.
- Manage expenses to result in compliance with fiscal period budget and all carrier related issues.
- Maintain inventory accuracy and shipping quality goals and manage the process to dispose of expired or damaged products.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You start and you finish, taking responsibility for getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- Your enthusiasm is infectious and inspires and engages your colleagues and collaborators to achieve, deliver, be accountable and own their work. You’ll also have the stamina essential to delivering results in both the short and long term.
- You can manage changing priorities with ease.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- With lots of initiative, you always have something to do and thrive on being productive.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 2- 3 years RDC and/or distribution experience.
- Experienced in the use of the Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Communicator, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrates knowledge of supply chain inventory, receiving, and shipping activities.
- Knowledge of JD Edwards and WMS preferred.