2nd shift Operations Supervisor
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
The RDC Supervisor’s primary responsibility is to supervise the day-to-day activities of the Fairburn RDC. The RDC Supervisor is responsible to ensure that the Company’s shipping objectives are consistently met. This individual is also responsible to address infrastructure issues associated with the operation, as well as ensuring full compliance with all safety, quality and housekeeping policies and standards.
- Enforce all company policies and procedures to create a safe, secure, clean, and productive work environment
- Ensure all daily shipping, inventory and receiving goals are achieved by planning and establishing work schedules and assignments to meet production and quality goals
- Address all infrastructure/equipment issues which include, but is not limited to, facility maintenance, racking, powered conveyor, fork trucks/material handling equipment, computer systems, WMS and RF devices and network
- Ensure all new associates receive the necessary safety and procedural training before being assigned to RDC activities.
- Ensure that training for new or revised procedures is done in a timely manner and is documented correctly
- Read and analyze KPI and production tools to monitor facility performance and make adjustment as necessary to achieve objectives
- Primary resource to address employee related tasks/issues.
- Supervise team and provide training and coaching to improve performance
- Administer the annual performance review process. Maintain employee moral through active listening, conflict resolution and by using effective leadership skills
- Develop cross-functional team and provide direction to optimize efficiencies
- Drive and implement lean principles for the demand flow process
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs service delivery.
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You start and you finish, taking responsibility for getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- For you, every challenge offers opportunity and potential. You just have to find it.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2- 3 years RDC and/or distribution experience
- Experienced in the use of the Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Communicator, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrates knowledge of supply chain inventory, receiving and shipping activities
- Knowledge of JD Edwards, and WMS preferred