2nd shift Yard Driver
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
Responsible for the movement and spotting of containers to facilitate the needs of the Warehouse in and out of dock and staging areas within the yard. Yard driver is responsible for timely movements and thorough knowledge of on-hand inventory and positioning. Responsible for off-loading trailers and sea containers, receive product into the warehouse. Ensure proper storage of product and loading of trailers/railcars with the correct product for each specific customer. Ensure all inventory transactions are done correctly and in a timely manner with the use of RFS and or computer. Must be able to operate lift- clamp equipment while following established safe work practices.
- Safely operator tractors to switch empty and full containers to and from shipping and receiving dock and yard.
- Communicate with office coordinators on daily movements of trailers and customer needs.
- Always follow safe operating procedures.
- Inspect containers for damage or unsafe alterations and report any findings to Warehouse Supervisor.
- Complete daily inspection of jockey truck noting any maintenance issues to management.
- High organization skills to maintain a neat and orderly lot to maximize efficiency.
- Experience in forklift operation, computer systems and distribution warehouse activities.
- Complete knowledge of warehousing, shipping and inventory control policies and procedures.
- Ability to integrate with all team members and be a team member.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience driving trailers.
- Must have a valid state driver’s license.
- Must have a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Must be able to work in Warehouse in a Clamp Operator function during any downtime as directed by Warehouse Supervisor.
- Regularly sitting and operating a Powered Industrial Truck.
- Lifting to 50 pounds and adjust body position to bend, stoop, walk, turn, pivot and stand for extended periods of time.
- Good hand-eye-foot coordination and a strong sense of balance.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures and environments, based on the season.
- Ability to assess weights and judge heights and distances.