The Accounting Manager will handle a variety of accounting and reporting activities. Strong management experience as well as ability to communicate at all local and global levels is necessary. The position reports to the Sr. Director Financial Accounting & Shared Services, North America and is based in Charlotte, NC.
The Accounting Manager will organize and direct activities related to the general accounting group including general ledger, accruals, audits, etc. This position requires interaction closely with other groups to produce consolidated financial results, maintains accounting systems to ensure the proper recording and accounting of transactions, and provides financial statements, analysis, and other key management reports on a monthly basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the Consolidated Business Area North America financial information
- Leads the team in automation & streamlining of existing accounting procedures with the goal of implementing best practices
- Manages and improves the monthly financial closing process
- Main point of contact for business leadership
- Responsible for effectiveness of internal controls for closing routine process and other general accounting processes including maintenance of risk and control scorecards
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation and distribution of monthly financial reports and statements including internal reports
- Review and approval of account reconciliations; ability to recognize inappropriate balances and transactions with follow-up and resolution
- Prepare, review and approve analyses as required by corporate tax staff for state and federal tax filings
- Work directly with both internal and external auditors on financial audits
- Cultivate relationships with main business partners in various locations
- Coach and develop direct reports as well as influence other team members
- Align resources and talents to achieve business and project requests
- Participate in special projects as requested by management
- Interact closely with other groups to produce consolidated financial results
- Maintain accounting systems to ensure the proper recording and accounting for company transactions
- Provide financial statements, analysis, and other key management reports on a monthly basis
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or business related field required. Masters preferred.
- CPA or CMA preferred.
- 7-10 years of accounting experience.
- 3-5 years of previous supervisory experience.
- 1 - 2 years experience in a multinational manufacturing corporation
- Experience with WMS, REX, SAP, Powertrack and Cognos or similar reporting tools a plus
- Previous exposure to International Accounting Standards (IAS), and proficiency of US Generally Accepted Accounting Standards
- Strong interpersonal skills, effective in motivating to achieve top performance
- Business Partner mindset with ability to build trust and challenge the status quo
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
- Superior data management and analysis skills including demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft products, data warehouse queries, etc
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Possess a proactive work ethic, including the ability and desire to take ownership of process improvement and other projects when identified
- Strong business aptitude, including having an outward perspective regarding how financial results are communicated and analyzed by internal audiences
- Effective problem solver in a fast paced, multitasking, deadline-driven work environment
- Extremely detailed oriented
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Effective in dealing with others to obtain information required for financial reporting and disclosures