DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Accounting Manager will provide technical accounting support to the operations in North America and thus requires strong financial accounting and reporting skills, including knowledge of both IFRS and US GAAP accounting standards. This position requires interaction with various teams, functions, and sectors to produce consolidated financial results, maintains accounting systems to ensure the proper recording and accounting for company transactions, and provides financial statements, analysis, and other key management reports monthly. Responsibilities will include management of direct report(s) and will assist in completion of the duties noted below.
- Preparation of unaudited US GAAP consolidated financial statements for principal legal entities needed for commercial purposes (e.g. banking relationships, leases), quarterly and annually.
- Preparation of audited US GAAP financial statements for Warranty Corporation.
- Preparation of annual Canadian GAAP financial statements for tax returns.
- Accounting for closed and sold operations, including product liability litigation, environmental obligations, and other self-insured claims; coordinate annual actuarial valuation.
- Coordinate and review financial accounting and reporting for US and Canadian Holding and Treasury activities.
- Maintain accounting process design documentation and periodic documentation of control procedures for (i) litigation accruals, (ii) pension and OPEB accruals, and (iii) environmental exposures.
- Financial analysis and technical accounting support for Group Staff functions (e.g. Tax, Legal, Risk Mgmt).
- Oversight of cost sharing agreements with insurance carriers, track collectability of settlement reimbursements
- Warranty Corporation compliance.
- Update D&B financial and commercial information.
- Assist with other miscellaneous statutory reporting; numerous financial reports required by US Treasury and Dept. of Commerce.
- Liaise with Tax Department on tax and related accounting matters and organizational structure.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; Master’s degree preferred
- CPA certification preferred.
- 5-10 years of industry or public accounting experience, including 3-5 years of experience managing associates.
- Previous exposure to International Accounting Standards (IAS), and proficiency in the application of US Generally Accepted Accounting Standards.
- Prior experience in a multinational manufacturing corporation is desirable.
- Prior experience with SAP a plus.
- Must possess a proactive work ethic, including the ability and desire to take ownership of process improvement opportunities when identified.
- Strong business aptitude, including having an outward perspective regarding how financial results are communicated and analyzed by internal audiences.
- Detail orientation and analysis skills including demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft products, data warehouse queries, etc.
- Unquestionable business ethics and integrity.