Accounting Manager, Internal Controls
The Internal Control Manager will have overall responsibility for internal control practices and procedures for the Electrolux Major Appliances sector for NA. This individual will work to design, implement and monitor internal controls to ensure their effectiveness, working closely with sector leadership, employees and teams. A key responsibility will include the planning and management of the internal control program known as the Electrolux Controls System (ECS). The output of this individual will positively impact the compliance with Group and Sector policies and control requirements which are intended to reduce financial and operational risk.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review existing accounting and financial controls in place and make any necessary revisions, improvements or additions to reflect current Group policies, regulatory requirements and management intent.
- Coordinate ECS activities and timetable with Group Internal Control (MA&SA) and external auditors. Coordinate and lead the annual ECS testing
- Coordinate with sub-process owners to update process documentation and revise controls testing plans as requested by MA&SA, on an annual basis, including upload into the ECS-Tool
- As part of the update documentation activities, ensure that the sector satisfies the Group’s minimum internal control requirements, with an emphasis on utilizing standard controls
- Coordinate management testing of key controls and upload into ECS-Tool. Assist in test design and query resolution. Assist sub-process owners in completion of remediation testing, including update of controls/test plans.
- Document the entity-wide controls for the sector pursuant to Group instructions on an annual basis
- Review and develop operational controls for business activities and control objectives not addressed in the scope of ECS activities.
- Proactively review and update process mapping whilst assessing opportunities to streamline business processes. Identify projects for redesign and implementation in conjunction with business leaders.
- Review and maintain Delegation of Authority (DOA) documentation for the various sub processes within the scope of ECS as well as other significant business activities.
- Identify gaps between implemented controls and control objectives, highlighting key risks and recommend remediation actions.
- Work with Group and local leadership to update policies and other documentation to ensure compliance with Group standards.
- Review and assess the compliance of departments and individual employees with Group and local company policies and procedures
- Work with the Legal staff to address specific training and development needs as part of the effort to identify and fill compliance gaps pursuant to the Group’s Compliance Program.
- Bachelor’s degree required. CPA or MBA preferred.
- At least 4 - 6 years of accounting, auditing and/or compliance experience, preferably in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Comprehensive analytical, conceptual, and problem solving skills with high attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively and present ideas clearly.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to interact and collaborate with all levels of the organization and across a multitude of departments is essential.
- Intellectual curiosity
- Ability to solve unstructured business and accounting problems
- Proactive mindset and “can do” spirit to drive change.
- Strong bias for continual process improvement
- Leadership skills including problem solving and results orientation with a business focus
- Characterized by integrity and high professional and ethical standards
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to thrive in a matrix environment
- Ability to adjust/react quickly to changes and changing priorities