Accounts Receivable Specialist
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist provides analytical expertise in managing assigned customer portfolios to ensure receivables are paid within terms of sale. You will fully manage accounts in assigned Accounts Receivable portfolio, issuing customer statements, spearheading collection efforts and working with Sales team members to resolve Customers disputes and work to ensure that deductions are identified and resolved within timeframes established by the AR Supervisor. You will work with the Customer and Sales team to minimize future deductions and will interface with both Customers and internal business partners daily. You will perform accounts receivable duties with strong attention to customer service while maintaining strong working relationships with external and internal customers to help improve collections as well as minimize Electrolux exposure on unpaid receivables.
- Analyze past due accounts daily and follow up on collection efforts by promptly contacting customers via email, call, etc. regarding past due invoices, making payment arrangements and resolving any issues
- Professionally handle all customer and sales requests via telephone, instant messenger and e-mail in a timely manner and work to identify any reason for non-payment and develop plans with Customer, Sales and/or AR Supervisor on best path to resolve
- Attend weekly aging review meeting with Supervisor and provide updated statuses and comments on all past due’s accounts/invoices
- Review orders on credit hold throughout the day and work thru all issues to ensure prudent and timely release of orders within assigned authority. Maintain close and consistent communication with AR Supervisor, Credit and Sales Department on any issues preventing release of orders
- Be involved with or lead special projects and in improving business processes and make appropriate recommendations for resolution of past due invoices, open deductions and disputed items based on research results
- Pull supporting documentation that substantiates the outstanding balance including POD's, sales orders, PO's, invoice copies, email communication and provide to Customer as needed
- Help Sr. AR Manager forecast revenue and expected collections for future weeks for purposes of cash flow projection
Create and process credits and adjustments and assist with Month End Close as needed
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or another business-related field is required
- Minimum of 2 years experience within accounting or finance business related role.
- Minimum 1 year Excel within a business environment utilizing V-Looks, H-Looks and Pivot tables
- Minimum 1 year experience pulling and analyzing data to resolve issues, generate presentations in MS Power Point and present findings to Sr. AR Leadership.