Advanced Control Engineer
ELECTROLUX GLOBAL R&D FABRIC CARE PRESENTS
Make ideas come to life. Globally.
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
For our Control Team within the Advanced Product Development Fabric Care area in Global R&D center in Porcia (PN) – Italy – we are looking for a
Advanced Systems & Control Engineer
Develop cross functional and cross category estimation and control algorithms to match the Consumer Benefits as defined by Product Board and agreed with Control Team Leader.
Key operational responsibilities:
• Propose Estimation and Control strategies within timing and costs targets set by Global Product Board.
• Implement estimation and control strategies in simulation environment and on Rapid Control Prototyping system.
• Define and implement signal processing algorithms
• Give inputs to Control Team Leader on the APD Technology Roadmap for control technology.
• Ensure that new product features and Concepts are in line with global standards (performances, modularity, safety, etc) taking into consideration also regional requirements
• product targets (cost , IP, quality, standards, design for assembly and performance for all variances foreseen )
• Write technical documentation and algorithms’ specs for transfer purposes towards GTD and Labs
• Lead projects as Project Leader
• Work in heterogeneous team (chemical, physics, mechanics, hydraulics, thermodynamics, ...)
Key Functional qualifications:
• Qualified engineering experience with knowledge of classical and advanced control, with application to mechanics, dynamics, hydraulics
• Data-driven learning algorithms are nice to have
• Knowledge of Matlab/Simulink (LabView is a plus)
• Ability to apply theoretical knowledge to deriving practical user-friendly solutions.
• Team oriented
• Ability to take initiative and be proactive
• Ability to work in an international environment
• Ability to work in a matrix organization, building strong and valid relationships with all the functions in the organization
• Ability to Build useful networks with key contacts internal as well as external
• Attitude to continuous improvement in all the job areas
• Open minded
• Positive thinking
Preferred education and career experience:
• Master’s degree in Automation Engineering.
• At least 2 to 4 of years of experience in complex R&D environments preferably in Consumer Appliances industry.
• Solid Experience in leading projects and being part of cross-functional project teams.
• Fluent English (Business level)
• Knowledge of Italian is a plus but not mandatory for the role
Want to know more about what we do within the Electrolux Group?
Learn more about Electrolux Food Preparation by watching this video: https://youtu.be/ssiuS0LTGfA .