Advanced Development Engineer
Would you like to develop products that are used in everybody’s homes and be sure that you help them shape living for the better? Advanced Development Food Preservation is part of the Electrolux Global R&D organization. We are a team of nine people that try to develop the future technologies for domestic refrigerators and freezers. We develop systems simulation tools and validate them with lab measurements, both within the area of thermodynamics and food science. In this position you will work together with food scientists and thermodynamic experts with a diverse background.
We are currently looking for a junior, potentially newly graduated colleague with an interest for sensors and controls. We work with simulation tools and experimental set-ups to verify new technologies.
You enjoy working closely with colleagues and internal customers. You like to work both at your computer as well as in the lab, setting up experiments and building prototypes. You will work with sensors and data collection and analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage advanced development projects, pre-studies and technology investigations according to Consumer Benefit Areas and Technical Road Maps
• Support development of smart applications featuring controls, smart algorithms and IoT solutions working together with internal stake holders from R&D, Global Connectivity & Technology, Group Design, Product Lines and Marketing as well as suppliers.
• Support in data collection and management
• Identify new ideas and drive technology investigations with external and internal partners
• Prepare test plans (components, concepts, projects)
• Develop innovative solutions by designing, building and testing functional prototypes
• Create test reports to enable direct transfer to Technology and Product Development teams
• Set up test equipment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Master’s Degree in Mechatronic, Electrical, Electronic Engineering or Computer Sciences. We are open to consider candidates with University degrees in other related fields.
• Preferably 0-2 years’ experience in a relevant field.
• Know-how regarding electric, electronic, computer science and control strategies
• Working with test tools like Matlab, Simulink, LabVIEW, Visual basic and measurement methods for electrical products
• Knowledge of CAD e.g. Catia is a plus
• Fluent English language skills, other language is an advantage
• Curious. You are interested in standard testing methodologies like DoE or other statistical methodologies
• Proactive. You are able to take initiative in an open minded and creative environment
• Structured. You present a structured and self-organized way of working
• Team player. You are able to work in a matrix organization with international contacts being a team player and a good communicator
• Hands on. You enjoy working hands on in the lab
• Mobile. You are willing to travel internationally
Kindly provide your CV in English