Advanced Development Lab Engineer (m/w/d)
Look for opportunity. Bring it to life.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
Contract: permanent, part time (20h/week)
The Advanced Development Team is part of the Global R&D Food Preparation organization. Our role is to develop advanced technical solutions for Hobs, Ovens and Hoods. We have teams based in Rothenburg ob der Tauber (Germany), Forlì (Italy) and Hangzhou (China).
We are looking for a Lab Engineer for our Advanced Development Hobs Food Preparation Team, based in Rothenburg O.d.T. The employment type will be permanent Part-Time (20hrs/week).
Our ideal candidate is an Engineer passioned for innovation. He/She will have the key responsibility to support our AD Project Leaders on the ongoing Projects on Induction Hobs, by preparing innovative prototypes and drawing the related test plans. The Lab Engineer will be responsible as well to carry out the testing activities and to release the test reports.
We are looking after a profile:
•with problem solving and analytic mindset
•acting as a strong Team Player, giving his/her contribution when requested and involving the relevant people when needed
Your main tasks:
• Design and execute prototypes with the Project Leaders, including but not limited to mechanics, electronics and software development
• Design and execute test sessions on prototypes and on induction hobs in general
• Perform benchmarking activities of selected products from the Competition
• Prepare Technical reports about testing, benchmarking and prototyping activities
• Search for new innovations and transfer them into consumer beneficial product solutions
• Participate in International team meetings
• Closely cooperate with the AD team members and with the relevant stakeholders from the other Functions
• Focus on Intellectual Property scenarios of the assigned activities, analyzing the background of the Competitors and filing new Invention Disclosures
• Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or Cooking Science
• Ideally experienced as lab technician, coming from a multinational Company and multicultural environment
• Knowledge of electronics basics, induction hobs basics, sensors (mainly temperature sensors), testing equipment and methods of electrical/electronic appliances, Lab view, App programming (good to have)
• Fluent English, German is a good to have
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
What to learn more about what drives us? Watch this video about how at Electrolux we reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for more enjoyable and sustainable living around the world: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xELrrVk19tw
Find out more on:
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.