Advanced Development Senior Textile Innovation Scientist
Pioneer the textile technology of the future enabling millions of people to experience the greatest benefits. Globally.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. At Electrolux, we shape living for the better.
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
You will be based in Porcia, our site nearby Pordenone city. Porcia is the biggest Electrolux site in Italy, dedicated to our Product Line Care, and the main Global R&D site for the development of Washing Machines, Dish Washers and Tumble Dryers, worldwide.
Within the company Global R&D site, Advanced Product Development Fabric Care team is looking for a highly motivated textile expert who will focus on the application of chemistry and mechanics in order to deliver relevant Consumer Experiences in terms of care for textiles.
A regular day at work:
In this position, you will be involved in a variety of projects and have a broad range of responsibilities, from leading projects to supporting other project leaders.
You will be interacting globally with different R&D departments as well as with the Business Areas.
In a regular day at work you will be responsible for:
• Be the reference person for textile technology, washing technology, chemistry of washing
• Project leading including effective promotion and communication of project objectives and outcomes
• Propose new routes to prolong clothes life, improve their durability and promote sustainability
• Assess new technologies and ideas with high technical risk and prove the technical feasibility by theoretical and experimental analysis
• Performance testing and concept verification to improve consumer experience
• Propose and define new cleaning chemistries for projects within time and costs targets
• Promote investigations with the aim to push innovation based on consumer insights and technology trends
• Interaction with experts in different scientific fields and working in different areas e.g. electronics, materials, industrial design, Product Lines
• Support the definition of washing and drying cycles
• Contribute to the development of the washing and drying technology roadmap
• Propose initiatives for the improvement of the washing performances in existing products
Background & required experience:
• University degree in Textile, Chemistry or similar. PhD is a plus
• The ideal candidate has 3 to 5 years of experience in an R&D environment, preferably home appliances and has project management experience
• Familiarity with the study of fibre and textile damage is an advantage
• Ability to apply theoretical knowledge to deriving practical user-friendly solutions
• Basic knowledge of statistics, especially 6-sigma tools
• Strong product development and testing skills
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Fluent English (spoken and written)
• Italian is a plus
Please submit your CV in English
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com#LI-RL1