Advanced Material Specialist
Ensures the smooth
transition between Advanced Purchasing/Site Purchasing and Site Materials teams
on new part introduction, model launches, Engineering Change Notices, and new
supplier startup. This position is
directly responsible for CP Gate review sign offs representing Materials for
supplier/component production readiness. Responsibilities will be across manufacturing sites grouped into Hot,
Wet, and Cold product lines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develops and executes a detailed
process for new supplier/new component introduction to include supplier
capacity, lead times, and safety stock calculation across multiple sites. Establishes supply chain in advance of new
product launches ensuring capacity and ramp up constraints are recognized and
mitigated to ensure a successful launch. This person will work closely with Engineering and Purchasing as well as
the Sourcing Board.
Assist Site Materials Managers with obsolescence review upon new component/new supplier introduction.
Special projects as assigned based on current need within the organization to include:
- Site assistance to resolve problematic supplier delivery issues
- Escalation Manager for component shortages
- Assist supplier with processes/procedures to ensure adequate coverage of EMA-NA demands. Training as required to understand requirements.
- Assist with Tier 2 supply constraints as needed – Special Projects Only
- On site supplier assistance if required
- Corporate supply constraint resolution as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree in Business or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years Materials Management experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Materials and Lean experience required.
- Must have a basic understanding of statistical process control techniques and data collection systems.
- Experience in the transportation, receiving, warehousing, handling and a flow of materials.
- Strong data handling skills.
- Strong computer skills – Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Strong communication skill: both verbal and written.
- Extensive supplier relationship background
- Domestic and/or International travel as required.
The physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.