Advanced Materials Planner
DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Advanced Materials Planner will ensure the smooth transition between Advanced Purchasing/Site Purchasing and the Site Materials teams on new part introduction, model launches, Engineering Change Notices, and new supplier startup. This position is directly responsible for CP Gate review sign offs representing Materials for supplier/component production readiness.
- Develops and executes a detailed process for new supplier/new component introduction to include supplier capacity, lead times, and safety stock calculation across multiple sites.
- Establishes supply chain in advance of new product launches ensuring capacity and ramp up constraints are recognized and mitigated to ensure a successful launch.
- Assist Site Materials Managers with obsolescence review upon new component/new supplier introduction.
- Site assistance to resolve problematic supplier delivery issues.
- Acts as the Escalation Manager for component shortages.
- Assist supplier with processes/procedures to ensure adequate coverage of EMA-NA demands. Training as required to understand requirements.
- Assist with Tier 2 supply constraints as needed – Special Projects Only.
- On site supplier assistance as needed.
- Corporate supply constraint resolution as needed.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You appreciate and understand process and the project goals.
- For you, every challenge offers opportunity and potential. You just have to find it.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years Materials Management experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Materials and Lean experience required.
- Must have a basic understanding of statistical process control techniques and data collection systems.
- Experience in the transportation, receiving, warehousing, handling, and a flow of materials.
- Strong data handling skills.
- Strong computer skills – proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skill: both verbal and written.
- Extensive supplier relationship background.
- Domestic and/or International travel as required.