Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Electrolux IT is responsible for the IT strategy of the Electrolux Group and how this is implemented throughout an extensive range of Solutions, Systems and applications that are fundamental for all of the Group’s operations around the world. The Project Management Office is Part of the IT Organization and responsible for managing the scope, schedule and cost of Projects for the Organization utilizing best practices and established company methodologies.
The role of the PMO is to manage project management lifecycle (initiate, plan, executive, control, close) including detailed planning, resource management, scheduling, budgeting and quality to ensure the effective delivery of projects to the organization. The PMO will ensure that the IT and business organization is informed on the demand pipeline of incoming projects, available capacity and the health of projects that are underway. Regional PMO manages and coordinates project and program management services across the region. The role interacts with functional / business unit leadership to craft a PMO strategy that aligns with business objectives and priorities.
- Coordination and preparation for project events, meetings and workshops
- Project follow-up towards set deadlines / milestones and project responsibilities,
- collection and compilation of project progress reports, Steering committee materials and communications to stakeholders
- Independently manage sub-projects or smaller projects with IT and Business deliverables from start to end including the ownership of the time plan, resources and project budget
- Creation and continuous maintenance of global project documentation
- Project progress tracking and reporting
- Virtual and onsite support to regional project teams
- Update specific project team sites, folders and other areas
- Identifies risks and issues that might affect the project
- Ensure projects are defined, planned and executed in accordance with the portfolio process;
- Monitor project portfolio success criteria using appropriate tools and technique and communicate status on a regular basis;
- Validate Demand, project quality and ensure the project scope, deliverables, timeline and value capture metrics are well defined;
- Driver development of processes, framework and methods for project management in Region based on global guide lines and local requirements / circumstances;
- Participate in best practices initiatives and sub teams to leverage learning’s across projects and strengthen he team’s capabilities;
- Provide a Community of Practice to ensure process is being followed by all the project managers in the organization and Provide learning materials, guides, eLearning, classes as appropriate;
- Review project post mortem recommendations and apply lessons learned as appropriate;
- Prepare and publish monthly IT report for APAC Business Management and CIO team.
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in Finance/Accountancy/Information Technology/ Business Administration or equivalent;
- At least 1 Year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position;
- Recommended to have PMP/Prince2, Scrum Master , and ITIL Certified;
- Knowledge of Project / Portfolio resource planning, reporting, prioritization and budgeting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels;
- Fosters and builds a collaborative working relationship with various stakeholders;
- Ability to challenge the various stakeholders involved in a project; and
- Knowledge of project management (Waterfall and Agile), IT governance formulation and Service management.
- Good knowledge by the different business functions (Operations, Finance , Marketing , Sales, and after sales)
- Good command of English;
- Professional Usage of MS office tools (excel ,Word, Power Point)
- Professional usage of MS project professional
- Good understanding of operational manner of a Shared Service environment utilizing technology and standardization advantage to achieve the best sustainable cost structure, control and speed to enable continuous improvement;