Anova - Head of PMO (Remote)
Charlotte, United States
Anova is the leading smart kitchen brand with its award-winning connected sous vide device, the Anova Precision® Cooker and the brand new Anova Precision® Oven. Since its inception, the company’s vision has been to build an Anova Kitchen – a kitchen where devices are user-friendly, connected, and affordable so that everyone can cook like a pro.
Please apply to this role through the Anova career site: https://jobs.lever.co/anovaculinary/8a78fa53-0ce2-4653-9150-361056b5ae3b
About the role
Anova is developing the Program Management Office (PMO) in order to ensure company-wide transparency and efficiency amongst our growing portfolio of launch initiatives. The PMO will include multidisciplinary Project Managers to align parallel, key initiatives (ex: New Product Development in Hardware, Firmware, Software, Marketing, Design, Web) that roll up into a single launch plan. Ensuring these projects and initiatives are driven with appropriate urgency and transparency is the key goal of the PMO.
Main purpose of the role:
The Head of the PMO’s purpose is to ensure we administer and monitor projects within the New Product Development, Commercial Launch, and Product Care process; such that cost, quality, schedule, & benefits realization are controlled and achieved. This will be done by ensuring that all projects adhere to the best practices & standard approaches for project management. The Head of PMO develops & implements best practices to enable the successful delivery of a broad range of NPD, PC, Commercial Launch projects to stakeholders across the business.
Position of the Head of PMO within the organization:
Partners with the executive leadership team to create and implement New Product Development, Commercial Launch, and Product Care roadmap initiatives. Some key partnerships & PMO responsibilities in the process are as shown below:
CEO - Strategy Planning Implications
COO - Supply & Cost Project Management
CMO - Commercial Launch Planning & Management
CDO - Product Development & Commercial Launch Resource Planning
CFO - Project Portfolio Expense & Resource Planning & Management
CRO - Product Variant Development for Sales Expansion Planning
Product Line Heads - Roadmap Planning, Change Management & Project Execution
- Retail PO receiving and confirmation (SKU, pricing, ship window, inventory availability)
- Key liaison with Electrolux PMO and R&D resources
- Functional Management of Program and Project Managers
- Development of the PMO as process and procedure owner
- Head our generation planning process
- Ensure the successful implementation of the PMO’s strategy, responsibilities, services, and deliverables
- Ensure cross-program dependencies are managed
- Coordinate best practices and ensure lessons learned are logged
- Define and embed project control and governance
- Provide support to project planning, milestone management, scope management, resource forecasting; financial management; change management across the PMO
- Prepare regular status reporting to all levels of the business and ensure Transparency of all issues endangering objectives
- Ensure efficient change control methods and processes are utilized
- Recruit and develop Project Management resources
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community.
- Strategic Thinking
- Program or Project Office Management
- Good overall knowledge of Portfolio Management, Product Development, Commercial Launch, Supply Management
- Good relationship management skills
- Able to advise the Executive level of the business and help to provide PMO direction strategically
- Strong and demonstrated ability to build lasting relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong skills in creating and maintaining project plans, including risks, actions, issues, dependencies
- Extensive experience in the engagement and management of supply chain partners
- Knowledge of profit accountability with an understanding of controlling project costs and budgets
- Knowledge of benefits and dependency mapping, risk management and resource planning
- Proficient skills in Project Management tools such as MS Project or other alternative programs.
- Diplomatic ability to influence others at all levels of the business
- Ability to competently mediate disagreements and negotiate agreeable resolutions
- Knowledgeable and experienced in efficient Change Management methods
- Excellent written/oral communication skills for reports and presentations
- Focus on our customer relationships and impact on our customer service
- Possess the expert knowledge to identify opportunities for change and the ability to convey the need for change
- Leadership / Management qualifications
Make cooking and life in the kitchen better through spectacular hardware and software experiences and a kick-ass community.
Everyone has a seat at the table
We’re radically open, transparent, and authentic
We have heart
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Anova
We know that to build a resilient and sustainable company, it is crucial to understand how power and privilege impact people differently across our country. The barriers and discrimination that marginalized communities face have been built over the course of multiple generations and will take time to undo and unlearn. We are doing the work to address our own biases and create a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable culture within the Anova community.
Building on Diversity.
Diversity is all the ways in which people differ, including race, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, language, socioeconomic status, and much more. However, we recognize that in the U.S. particular marginalized groups have faced extensive barriers, specifically BIPOC, LGBTQ, and immigrant communities. We are taking the steps to intentionally dismantle these barriers within each team at Anova and recruit and retain diverse talent at every level. We believe teams with diverse backgrounds make better decisions, better products, and a better company.
Difference is celebrated.
Equitable organizations realize that the playing field is not always even. Obstacles exist for many that do not exist for others. Equity means access to processes, tools, and communication styles that allow us to recognize the full contribution of each team and individual and provide equal opportunity for advancement.
Everyone has a seat at the table.
Inclusion is creating environments in which individuals or groups can be and feel welcomed, respected, heard, supported, and empowered to share their ideas and perspectives. It is a culture of belonging where every person’s voice adds value to Anova.