Appliance Repair Technician - Los Angeles Metro
Consumer & Customer Care
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
This position is responsible for ensuring excellent consumer experience in after-sales in home service. The service technician will drive a service vehicle to complete an assigned route of consumers who have appliances in need of repair. Visiting the consumer’s home, diagnosing, and repairing while documenting the activities are the primary daily activities of the Service Technician. The Service Technician will represent Electrolux in the most professional and proficient manner.
- Conduct appliance diagnosis and repairs in consumer’s homes or other locations as needed.
- Resolve all problems related to appliance performance on behalf of Electrolux consumers.
- Drive a service vehicle through an assigned route to multiple repair locations.
- Record all activities via computer system or designated process related to repairs, daily routes, and other activities.
- Achieve performance standards for productivity and efficiency.
- Maintain inventory of parts on assigned vehicle, minimizing cost through proficient inventory control.
- Maintain high level of skill and proficiency in appliance repair.
- Attend all training, meetings, and other events as required.
- Wear designated uniform & maintain standards of personal grooming & appearance consistent with Electrolux values.
- Maintain a dedication to providing exceptional customer service.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- High school diploma required. Certification in appliance repair or AAS degree preferred.
- EPA or CFC Certification Preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in the appliance industry.
- Must provide verifiable, stable work history.
- Must be able to lift to 100 pounds.
- Ability to diagnose and repair major appliances.
- Strong team orientation.
- Read and interpret wiring diagrams, schematics, and other service information.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Passion to serve consumer as well as shareholders of EMA.
- Demonstrate empathy for consumer’s needs and requirements.
- Able to drive a service vehicle to through a daily route to consumer’s home.
- Possess strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.