Appliance Repair Technician - Miami
Consumer & Customer Care
This position is responsible for ensuring excellent consumer
experience in after-sales in home service. The service technician will drive a
service vehicle in order to complete an assigned route of consumers who have
appliances in need of repair. Visiting the consumer’s home, diagnosing and
repairing while documenting the activities are the primary daily activities of
the Service Technician. The Service Technician will represent Electrolux in the
most professional and proficient manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct appliance diagnosis and repairs in consumer’s homes or other locations as needed.
- Resolve all problems related to appliance performance on behalf of Electrolux consumers.
- Drive a service vehicle through an assigned route to multiple repair locations.
- Record all activities via computer system or designated process related to repairs, daily routes, and other activities.
- Achieve performance standards for productivity and efficiency.
- Maintain inventory of parts on assigned vehicle, minimizing cost through proficient inventory control.
- Maintain high level of skill and proficiency in appliance repair.
- Attend all training, meetings, and other events as required.
- Wear designated uniform & maintain standards of personal grooming & appearance consistent with Electrolux values.
- Maintain a dedication to providing exceptional customer service.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required. Certification in appliance repair or AAS degree preferred.
- EPA or CFC Certification Preferred
- 5+ years experience in the appliance industry
- Must provide verifiable, stable work history
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to diagnose and repair major appliances
- Strong team orientation
- Read and interpret wiring diagrams, schematics and other service information.
- Must have strong communication skills
- Passion to serve consumer as well as shareholders of EMA.
- Demonstrate empathy for consumer’s needs and requirements
- Able to drive a service vehicle to through a daily route to consumer’s home.
- Possess strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands tools, diagnostic equipment, operate computer keyboard, service vehicle, and telephone. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move large appliances and other objects exceeding 50 lbs. The employee will be required to drive long distances and maneuver a service vehicle. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This position works out of their home with weekly reporting to a centralized local location. Occasional overnight travel is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This position requires over 95% external communication with consumers, supervisors, and other EMA personnel.