Appliance Repair Technician - Northern VA
Consumer & Customer Care
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
This position is responsible for ensuring excellent consumer
experience in after-sales in home service. The service technician will drive a
service vehicle in order to complete an assigned route of consumers who have
appliances in need of repair. Visiting the consumer’s home, diagnosing and
repairing while documenting the activities are the primary daily activities of
the Service Technician. The Service Technician will represent Electrolux in the
most professional and proficient manner.
- Conduct appliance diagnosis and repairs in consumer’s homes or other locations as needed.
- Resolve all problems related to appliance performance on behalf of Electrolux consumers.
- Drive a service vehicle through an assigned route to multiple repair locations.
- Record all activities via computer system or designated process related to repairs, daily routes, and other activities.
- Achieve performance standards for productivity and efficiency.
- Maintain inventory of parts on assigned vehicle, minimizing cost through proficient inventory control.
- Maintain high level of skill and proficiency in appliance repair.
- Attend all training, meetings, and other events as required.
- Wear designated uniform & maintain standards of personal grooming & appearance consistent with Electrolux values.
- Maintain a dedication to providing exceptional customer service.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- High school diploma required. Certification in appliance repair or AAS degree preferred.
- EPA or CFC Certification Preferred.
- Flexibility to maintain a 5-day work week or 4-day/10hr. work week.
- 3-5 years’ experience in the appliance industry.
- Must provide verifiable, stable work history.
- Must be able to lift to 100 pounds.
- Required to drive long distances and maneuver a service vehicle.
- Ability to move heavy appliances, sometimes awkward in shape and size, and lift up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to sit or kneel for extended periods of time.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.