Appliance Repair Technician -Virginia Beach, VA
Consumer & Customer Care
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
This position is responsible for ensuring excellent consumer experience in after-sales home services. The technician will drive a service vehicle to complete an assigned route of consumers who have appliances in need of repair. The candidate should have 5+ years’ experience in the appliance industry and should be able to diagnose and perform repairs on all appliances. The candidate should also communicate at many levels within the organization.
- Repair consumer’s appliances as preferred.
- Drive service vehicle through an assigned route to multiple repair locations.
- Record all activities via a computer system/tablet.
- Maintain an inventory of parts on assigned vehicle and minimize cost through proficient inventory control.
- Wear designated uniform and maintain standards of personal grooming & appearance consistent with Electrolux values.
- Achieve performance standards for productivity and efficiency.
- Attend all training, meetings, and events as required.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- High School Diploma required. Certificate in Appliance Repair or AAS preferred.
- CFC certified.
- Must have verifiable and stable work history.
- Able to move large appliances and lift up to 100 lbs.
- Possess required state licenses and certifications
- Must have and maintain a satisfactory driving record in accordance with Electrolux policy.
- Proficient in sealed system repairs.
- 5+ years’ experience in appliance repair industry.
- Required to drive long distances and maneuver a service vehicle.
- Ability to move heavy appliances, sometimes awkward in shape and size, and lift up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to sit or kneel for extended periods of time.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.