Appliance Services Director
Consumer & Customer Care
INSPIRE YOUR TEAM TO BUILD THE RELATIONSHIPS THAT MAKE FOR MORE REWARDING OPPORTUNITIES.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
The role will be ideally based in Stockholm, Sweden, however we will consider candidates from across Europe.
Peace of Mind (PoM) is the name given to our Services Product Line at Electrolux. Our services complement our Taste, Care and Wellbeing Product Line appliances, during their ‘in use’ phase. We are on an ambitious transformation journey building the capabilities, strategies, and tactics to deliver a best-in-class ownership business model that provides the consumer an outstanding ownership experience.
The PoM vision is to be the consumers trusted companion, by their side, providing a complete ecosystem of sustainable post-purchase services that are both relevant and within easy reach. We enable the consumer to get the most out of their appliances, and anticipate their needs, so they can keep their home running smoothly and elevate the experience of everyday life. We share our expertise to help them choose what’s best for them, their home, and our plant, giving them peace of mind. We encourage the consumer to repair rather than replace their appliance when that decision arises, ensuring consumers understand both the economic and sustainable choices available to them. We want the consumer to feel Electrolux ‘has their back’ and that we provide them with an outstanding branded experience. We believe getting this right means the consumer will stay with the brand when it’s time to replace their appliance.
The Appliance Services Director is responsible for the service categories that complement appliance ownership, which are Extended Warranties, Repairs, Installations and Replacements. Our Strategic Plan will see these categories more than double in size over the next 5 years and are key pillars within the overall BA Europe Consumer Centric Transformation. You will lead your team to drive the strategic development of the branded appliance service portfolio, working closely with the PoM Leadership and their teams who are; Nexure (a digital startup, fully owned by Electrolux, that builds state of the art B2C platforms to sell branded post-purchase ‘peace of mind’ extended warranties and subscription services), Installed Base & Data Analytics, Repairability, Spares, Finance, Commercial and Product as a Service.
Your routes to market (internal customers) are:
• Ownership, Sales & Service (OSS) team – who sell via Contact Centre Agents, Service Technicians
• D2C e-comm (Direct to Consumer) sales team – who sell direct to consumer via e-comm channels
• Finished Goods B2B (Business to Business) sales teams – who sell via Kitchen & Electrical Retailers, Builders and Kitchen manufacturers
All have strong Central Functions that set the channel direction, and then there are 9 Clusters that cover the BA Europe sales territories and handle the in-market execution.
Your main tasks:
• Development and delivery of the strategies to profitably, and aggressively grow (more than double) our Appliance Service portfolio revenue in the 5 year strategic plan window. Putting in place the necessary commercial policy and pricing frameworks
• P&L responsibility for the Appliance Services portfolio. Driving both the 5-year Strategic Plan as well as the annual Budget
• Collaboration with OSS to ensure sufficient capacity and capability in both contact centres and service technicians to deliver the strategic plan
• Drive a commercial policy framework (both operational and financial) across BA Europe for each service, that has a minimum prescribed level of consumer experience (CX) that must at least be achieved. Each service should be priced and have a value put against them (which will be required a category, sub-category and brand level). This framework will then be used to set direction and minimum standards, however, it has to also then respect the realities of each clusters market requirements, in the way it is delivered. Work with the Training team to specify, and get delivered, the required training for those who will have to deliver the services.
• Continue the development of Electrolux extended warranty offering to substantially grow the business in a profitable way. Expanding the portfolio of Extended Warranty Services to deliver an outstanding consumer experience during the ownership phase, and to monetize the installed base of appliances. Strategically responsible for our ‘in house’ as well as Third Party (Domestic & General) service offering. Ensure the execution of existing plans/programs across BA Europe and work with the Installed Base, Consumer Insights and Cluster teams to develop new offers and/or new market opportunities. Ensure offerings are developed to address the consumer opportunity regardless of the channel they chose to contact us through.
• Collaboration with Marketing to ensure development of the necessary capabilities, systems and materials to drive consumer sales conversion to extended warranties, repairs (and other services), including (but not exclusively);
o Development of robust consumer value propositions for each branded service
o Relevant, required levels of consumer traffic.
o Consumer registration.
o On going consumer engagement.
o Clear consumer journey management to ensure sales conversion both digital and analogue
o Strong financial and operational KPI tracking to ensure performance delivery
• Key stakeholders: Leadership Team with Piece of Mind and BA Europe Leadership Team, Central & Clusters, D2C e-comm, Sales (B2B), Marketing, Experience areas and Finance.
• Ideally based at our head office in Stockholm, this role requires intimate knowledge of the European markets and a strong relationship with our 9 sales Clusters. Therefore travel is necessary.
• A strong day to day working relationship with Nexure, Captive (our ‘in house’ insurance), Domestic & General (a third-party insurer/underwriter who we have a relationship within certain geographies) and Legal is essential
• At least 10 years’ experience of working in the aftermarket side of a consumer facing, consumer centric, branded manufacturing business, where the aftermarket revenue contributes in a major way to the overall company profitability
• Experience in extended warranty sales and/or post purchase service sales with monetization opportunity.
• Strong Project Management Skills. Highly organised and process driven
• Track record of driving profitable growth across a matrix, multi-country business
• Highly Analytic, with strong problem-solving skills and driven by data, analytics and insights
• Highly collaborative and very articulate business leader
• Outside-in consumer mindset
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
Find out more on:
Stockholm HQ: https://www.linkedin.com/company/electrolux/life/sweden
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.