*Strong Candidate Identified*
The Application Analyst is responsible for ensuring that the business needs are represented within the IT organization. The position includes development and support of custom developed software applications and the implementation and support of purchased applications. This includes project management, business analysis, application development, systems architecture, and application management. Applicants must be able to support on-premise, remote, and cloud-based applications. Applicant is responsible for ensuring daily maintenance, availability, reliability, and uptime of applications as well as application administration; including upgrades and patching. The role is customer service focused.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that the business needs are appropriately represented within the IT organization. This includes addressing break-fix situations, system enhancements, and System Maintenance scheduling and coordination.
- Responsible for working closely with the business community to document functional requirements and business processes.
- Assist in the development of quality assurance artifacts including Test Plans and Expected Results for application being supported by this Team.
- The Application Analyst will work closely with the IT development team as necessary to manage and prioritize break-fix, application enhancement, and system maintenance efforts.
- Responsible for leveraging companywide tools IT Tools ensuring that the required documentation, testing, and business approvals are available for all changes to the production environment.
- The Application Analyst is part of an on-call schedule that responds to critical events happening during off-hours.
- The Application Analyst will be included on new projects and efforts for which they will eventually support and are expected to contribute to design, development, and testing of new application.
- The Application Analyst will also work the 3rd party providers of applications to coordinate and resolve issues within said applications.
- Lead and participate in the delivery of software solutions
- Ensure thorough testing of modifications, and writing of operation support instructions for various systems
- Work with business-aligned technology teams to identify project dependencies to ensure consistency of all service delivery commitments.
- Provide consistency and maintainability of existing applications, and tools by maintaining, monitoring, measuring and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing and operating technical solutions
- Keep up with Application management and record-keeping activities such as portfolio management, software licenses, and user account administration
- Participates in special projects as assigned
- BA/BS Degree, in a technology related field or other degrees, preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years industry experience developing or modifying business solutions, implementing and supporting “home-grown” systems in a large-scale enterprise.
- Minimum of five (5) years industry experience with enterprise Windows environments, SQL databases and extraction tools and data mapping tools.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of business principles and terminology
- Strong customer communication skills are required.
- Strong Analytical skills and problem-solving techniques.
- Experience in developing Key Project Documentation, such as Business Requirements Documents (approved and signed off by the Business Team), Technical Requirements Documents (approved and signed off by the IT Technical Lead)
- Customer focus with a strong desire to meet customer expectations.
- Ability to map business processes using commercially available software tools.
- Ability to create data models for Applications supported.
- Good overall understanding of technologies, IT tools, networking concepts, ERP systems, middleware, databases communications tools for troubleshooting purposes.
- Experience with both custom application software development and packaged software implementations
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, determine appropriate actions and complete projects with little direction
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and thrive in a multi-project environment, while ensuring productions systems are up and performing well
- Experience designing or managing applications
- Strong knowledge of network environment
- Experience supporting applications
- Experience with Microsoft Cloud applications a plus (OneDrive, OneNote, Word, Excel, Teams)
- Experience with application authentication through Active Directory
- Knowledge of application rollout methodologies
- Strong technical acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate clearly and effectively to IT teams, lines of business, executives, and vendors
- Ability to set and accomplish goals on time and within budget.
- Demonstrated success in project management
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills with an ability to solve problems and make decisions.
- Ability to prioritize new and ongoing and new activities
- Change management skills
- Acts independently to come up with ideas and offers alternatives to facilitate solutions
- Exposure to ITL is desirable