This position is a vital part of the Electrolux IT Team, responsible for ensuring a stable IT system environment that will help to support the day to day factory operations. Success will be measured by the dependability of the IT applications and the ability to effectively support the business requirements of the Anderson factory and Electrolux Major Appliances (EMA) as a whole. Key Areas of responsibility include:
- Providing day-to-day IT support of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system – JD Edwards World (JDE) and other custom, AS400 based applications that are integrated to the ERP system
- Actively participating as a JDE MFG team member supporting other the JDE installations in other Electrolux NA factory locations, via a virtual support organization.
- Developing new solutions as identified and approved by management.
- Provide strategic direction utilizing best business practice for the ERP, JDEdwards, and all supporting software solutions. Examples of key supporting systems include but limited to, RFSmart for scanning and processing, Loftware for Labeling, HelpSystems, ROBOT, and MES, Apriso, interfaces and process.
- Loftware labeling - maintaining the Loftware labeling system
- Maintaining the production scanning system.
The Anderson factory is currently completing the final stages of an 800k square foot expansion (Project Bronco). The Bronco Project includes:
- Four (4) new manufacturing assembly lines – which is currently in the start-up phase
- The transition of the legacy factory to a warehouse for (i) finished goods and (ii) parts/components used in the manufacturing process
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
PROVIDE A STABLE IT ENVIRONMENT TO SUPPORT MANUFACTURING OPERATIONS:
- Actively monitor the Electrolux Incident Management System, ServiceNow (SN) and respond to incidents and service requests in a timely and professional manner
- Ensure that IT application support service level agreements (SLAs) are met
- Actively participate in ‘IT on-call support’ which includes non-business hours support
EFFECTIVE PROBLEM-SOLVING SKILLS:
- Analyze tickets and issues and complete root cause analysis, to help minimize issues for the end users
APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT SKILLS:
- Write detailed description of user needs
- Demonstrate solid RPG and CL programming skills to support JDE and custom applications
- Evaluate proposed changes in existing applications and carry out approved changes
- Follow change management processes for implementing production break-fix code changes
- Establish relationships with business user departments, maintaining regular communications
- Keep manager apprised of issues, status, and resolution, escalating when necessary
- Work collaboratively with peers and management
- Follow directives when given from peers and management
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 4+ years of experience with AS/400 iSeries – RPG, CL, SQL
- 4+ years JD Edwards World iSeries
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field desired.Technical Degree in Computer Science or related field may be considered
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Prior experience performing application and production support for iSeries RPG applications
- Proven ability to diagnose production issues, perform root cause analysis, and provide effective resolutions
- Knowledge of RPG; ability to read, modify and write RPG Code for Support initiatives
- Ability to convert specifications into programs (iSeries - RPG, CL, SQL)
- Basic knowledge of .NET languages and WEB Processing methodologies
- Basic knowledge and understanding of World Writers, JDE security and AS/400 queries
- Strong communication and customer service ability
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc
- Ability to prepare written user instructions and technical documentation
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, but under direction of direct manager or project manager