Application Development & Support Manager
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Application Development & Support Manager will be responsible for the managing and coordinating of software product development projects by focusing on technical feasibility, design optimization, and L2/L3 level production issues and resolution. This role will be hands-on designing, developing, supporting the products on on-prem & Cloud platforms (SharePoint Online, Power Platform, .NET, Azure, 3rd Party SaaS) as well as managing the L2/L3 developers & analyst.
- Oversees and manages the L2/L3 vendor application development & support team.
- Manage all aspects of personnel tasks for team from prioritization of work, career development, and training needs.
- Manage all aspects of application development and support. Accountable for application design, development, performance/stability, error reporting, deployment, end-to-end transactional flows, root cause analysis and corrective actions for any outages.
- Direct a team of developers with skillsets including but not limited to Microsoft Azure, .Net, SQL, PowerApp, and SharePoint.
- Partners with management to develop short and long-term product roadmaps to ensure continuous improvement, modernization, and rationalization of applications.
- Interact with business users at all levels of management to understand business needs.
- Work closely with development teams to capture and document Application Maintenance and support procedures.
- Act as the escalation point for production support to diagnose, triage, and resolve application issues.
- Collaborates with internal and external teams, architects, and developers.
- Lead in cost optimization, capacity planning, tuning systems stability, provisioning, and scaling of the production cloud applications.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You build networks and trust, good working relationships and apply your influence to shaping change.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You see challenge as opportunity.
- With lots of initiative, you always have something to do and thrive on being productive.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- B. S. degree in information systems, engineering, computer science, or equivalent technical field.
- 10+ years of application development & support experience working with off-site support teams for cloud applications.
- 3+ years or more - Experience managing IT teams involved in development, production support, and maintenance of software systems.
- Experience in Container platforms.
- In-depth knowledge of the primary Azure PaaS (Web Service, SQL, API Management etc.).
- In-depth knowledge of following languages: Angular 8.x, Node.js, .NET, Python, SQL.
- Experience and participation in one or more of the following teams: DevOps, Production Support, or Software Engineering with real-world hands-on experience in building and deploying enterprise solutions.
- Experience supporting solutions built on cloud managed services in any of the three major public clouds.