The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible to provide financial, administrative and clerical services and to ensure accuracy and efficiency of operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process and post daily lockbox, wires, EFT/ACH and credit card payments.
- Manage the monthly credit card program.
- Analyze customer account at time of application for any skipped, partial payments or errors. Contact customer to resolve remittance discrepancies.
- Communicate with Bank to resolve any returned check issues.
- Review and manage weekly aging. Contact customers with past due amounts. Identify any reason for non-payment and develop plans with customer and/or supervisor on how to resolve.
- Create and process credits and adjustments.
- On board new customers (including e-commerce) and determine credit limits if applicable.
- Professionally handle all customer and sales requests via phone and email in a timely manner.
- Process change orders.
- Monitor charge and cash reports daily.
- Process and monitor Government and specialty billing.
- Research and provide release codes.
- Assist with Month End Close.
- Be involved with or lead special projects as time or capabilities allow.
- Enthusiasm and involvement in improving business processes
- Ability to make good presentations, analyze report, and respond to accounting issues
- Ability to work without supervision
- Ability to stay focus on tasks, particularly while battling with meeting up with deadlines
- Working knowledge of A/R policies and practices
- Intermediate and/or advanced Excel skills
- Ability prioritize and to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner
- Eye for detail, accuracy is imperative
- Able to meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to be an effective team member and display initiative
- Bachelor Degree preferred.