Assistant Manager, Accounts Receivable
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
- Your Role
Excellence Accounts Receivable (AR) provides account receivable services e.g:
invoicing, cash allocation and Month End closing and reporting. This position
is responsible for leading a service oriented team of more than 5 staffs and
managing the AR processes to deliver timely and accurate financial reporting to
the assigned countries across Asia Pacific (APAC).
A Typical Day
- Provide Accounts Receivable transaction processing support to deliver Accounts Receivable services to customers in accordance with established Accounts Receivable processes and work procedures and in compliance with Electrolux policies, Electrolux Control System (ECS) requirements and local company legal and statutory requirements (if applicable).
- Ensure the daily operation’s activities assigned are managed and delivered timely to the Location within the Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Responsible for monitoring the full Account Receivable (AR) cycle from invoice processing to payment in order to ensure that timelines and quality meet the internal KPIs and targets.
- Responsible for the task and process migration of AR function to transfer to Shared Services Centre in Malaysia from the respective countries
- Provide supervision to team members in daily task or project assigned and coach the team members on the work performance expectation, deliverables and carry out quarterly performance review.
- Attend to location queries and requests to resolve issues or escalate and provide alternative solution for complex issues to the line manager.
- Involve and support the line manager on internal and external audit requests.
- Generate the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) reports for internal measurement and provide commentaries on performance result to the Management.
- Collaborate with the other stream and functional support team to ensure that the integrated process is carried out efficiently and effectively.
- Drive and lead finance projects by working closely with IT team in order to meet project timeline and objective.
- Plan, delegate and monitor the daily deliverables of team members and also provide assistance and guidance when required.This includes implementation of a robust back-up plan for all critical tasks within the team.
- Ensure the team compliance and adherence to the Desktop Task Procedures (DTPs). Constantly review and maintain accurate and up to date DTP’s and reference materials
- Build and sustain effective relationships with locations and cross streams to deliver quality performance and implement best practices.
- Reviews workflow and procedures to close service gap to ensure productivity.
- Ad-hoc assignments/projects upon request from line manager.
Who You Are
- 8 years working experience with min 2 years related working experience in Accounts Receivable.
- Experience in supervising mid-range multiple layer team.
- Experience in a Shared Services environment is an added advantage.
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- A team player, customer oriented with good communication skills (written and verbal).
- Able to perform in dynamic multi-cultural environment with an adaptive attitude.
- Strong adaptability skill and able to work efficiently under pressure with minimum supervision
- Relevant tertiary qualifications: Degree in Accounting/ Finance/ Business Administration
- 6 Sigma or other equivalent accreditations. (optional)
- SAP Experience
- Passion to innovation, customer obsession, drive for results, communicative, team orientated, with analytical thinking, patient, paying attention to the details, organised, training skills, confidentiality, problem-solving skills, taking ownership and responsibility of outstanding issues and queries;
- Transition experience and/or ERP implementation experience as added advantage
- Experience of working in a / within a multicultural, international environment;
- Available to travel / full time orientated;
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as candidates will be interviewed continuously. The position may be filled prior to the date described as 'Apply by'