Associate District Manager - Milwaukee
Responsible for establishing and developing a relationship with retail customers in a specified region. Build a relationship that optimizes sales performance while inciting greater product commitment and sales. Plan and measure the growth and improvement of such accounts by selling more profitable goods. This position may call on existing or smaller accounts, works under general supervision, and reports to the assigned Region Manager. This position requires extensive travel within that region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Make planned calls and chronicles the discussions and outcomes of each visit
- Influence and improve account profitability through various selling techniques
- Demonstrate products and provide product application learning opportunities
- Responsible for new business prospecting and development through staged events and demonstrations, formal/informal training sessions, etc.
- Execute merchandising/advertising activities to support new product launches and re-branding efforts
- Facilitate the success of sales, marketing, and promotional campaigns
- Maintain displays as necessary for effective merchandising
- Be familiar with inventory levels and provoke adjustments as required
- Be aware of and promptly report on competitive conditions in the market
- Represent Electrolux Major Appliances at trade and industry shows/appearances
- Control personal business expenses and submit timely expense reports
- Share successful selling techniques with colleagues
- Meet planned goals in all targeted categories
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Basic knowledge of various sales concepts, practices, and procedures
- Some merchandising experience preferred
- Ideal candidates should exhibit excellent interpersonal and selling skills
- Prior sales experience preferably within a durable goods capacity, a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Mature and balanced.
- Support product-knowledge learning and intense product interest and commitment.
- Goal oriented, organized and disciplined self-starters.
- Computer proficient and MS-Office fluent.