Associate Graphic Designer
Electrolux is looking for a talented Associate Graphic Designer with a great eye, elevated taste, and a strong interest in digital photography and design. Responsibilities include in-depth knowledge of the brands, products, programs, distribution, customers and internal stakeholders of Electrolux’s business; provide assistance to all aspects of the marketing department in support, development, and distribution of marketing programs and materials; retouch incoming photography assets; facilitate the delivery of final files to our digital asset management system; and assist the Graphic Designer in the creation of branded content across media mediums that drive brand desirability and enhance consumer-driven feature benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Edit, retouch, and color correct product images and lifestyle photography for placement on company and customer websites, publications, email campaigns, catalogs, brochures, media and more.
- Develop web-based brand assets, including website graphics, display banner ads, and custom media creative.
- Create and edit videos and photography; such as images and video content for new feature launches, and graphics such as icons and logos
- Digital asset processing – organize, rename, and resize image files properly into a variety of internal servers, Dropbox, company and customer websites, and more.
- Communicate project progress and potential challenges to the Lead Designer on a timely basis.
- Product and lifestyle photography experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or design related degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years proven graphic design and retouching experience preferred
- A robust retouching portfolio that demonstrates consistency and proficiency in retouching, compositing, color correcting and design
- Marketing agency experience a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Strong creative abilities
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to solve conceptual problems creatively and effectively
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Working knowledge of all photographic formats and processing and design skills, including RAW image files, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Bridge, Capture One and Lightroom
- Experience creating product renderings from CAD files a plus
- Fulfill rendering requests for specific assets (product, color, layout, sizing etc)
- Knowledge of masking, layers, camera raw adjustments, shortcuts, actions and clipping out images with a pen tool
- A perfectionist eye for detail and color accuracy with the ability to bring a consistent look to imagery created across the whole spectrum of products
- Digital tech experience (camera knowledge, lighting strobes, lighting interiors, etc.) is a plus
- Expert at product finishes or reflective objects (i.e. stainless steel, black, white, etc)
- Ability to silo an object or place on a different colored background or environment
- Strong sense of lighting; Can adjust lighting in post as necessary when compositing multiple images, or to address creative concerns
- Knowledge of motion graphics and animation a plus
- Digital asset tagging and processing – applying a mixture of standard and custom metadata to assets and then loading them into the applicable DAM
- Metadata – having a high-level understanding of XMP data as well as experience tagging assets with Adobe Bridge
- Metadata integrity – understanding the importance of precise metadata with a passion for metadata data quality and data accuracy
- Current knowledge of latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measuring