Automation Maintenance Tech - 3rd Shift (B)
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
This position will be responsible for maintaining and/or repairing company production automation and support equipment. The Automation Technician will repair and maintain all plant automation in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, manufacturer's specifications, and blueprints. This person will also be responsible for tasks related to preventative maintenance, mechanical machine repairs, inspection and testing of equipment, and specific projects. The ideal candidate will perform all jobs safely, efficiently, and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, and Reliability.
- Provide controls technical support to all Technicians, across all departments, with PLC’s, HMI’s, Robots, Variable Frequency Drives, AC/DC motors, Servos, and I/O modules.
- Install, maintain, and repair machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems in the facility.
- Reports any unsafe condition or act immediately to supervision or EHS team member.
- Responsible for housekeeping and 5S in his or her respective area of work or areas as directed by the departmental supervisor.
- Completes preventative maintenance sheets issued by scheduler/planner, maintenance lead mechanic, supervisor, or maintenance manager.
- Inspects plant equipment for proper working condition and safe operation.
- Uses CMMS Maintenance System to document work order.
- Create, revise, and improve parts kits working with salary planner/scheduler to build part kits into CMMS.
- Reduce unplanned stoppages through effective Root Cause Analysis.
- Keeps accurate record of downtime of plant equipment.
- Issues work requests for issues needing attention when equipment is down.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Focused on achieving your targets – and those of customers.
- You see challenge as opportunity.
- Maximizing efficiencies and hitting KPIs are just the beginning: your real passion is delivering products that change and enhance lives. The rest is a bonus.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Knows and utilizes precision maintenance techniques.
- Safely comply with health, safety & environmental requirements education/work experience.
- Associates/Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings.
- Experience with communication protocols such as Ethernet/IP, DeviceNet, ControlNet, DH+, and Profibus.
- PLC / Servo system programming required; multiple platforms such as Allen Bradley PLC5, RSLogix 500, and Control Logix. Siemens S7 PLC and Servo Drive programming and troubleshooting experience a plus.
- HMI programming required; Allen Bradley Panelbuilder and FactoryTalk View. Siemens WinCC experience a plus.
- Experience with programming / troubleshooting ABB or Kuka robots.
- Strong computer skills required; Microsoft Office proficiency as well as Computerized Maintenance Management Systems experience preferred.
- May be required to work weekends/shutdowns based on set up needs on these machines.
- Must be able to operate a computer and a tablet (iOS and android).
- Experience in Microsoft Office.
- 5+ Years’ experience in Allen Bradley and Siemens programming.
- 5+ Years’ experience in Kuka Robotics programming
- Ability to read and interpret documents & drawings and write detailed repair reports.
- This position is very active and requires frequent (4 to 12 hours) standing, walking (on concrete surfaces), bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, squatting, crawling, twisting, climbing, perform repetitive movements, and perform work from ground level to overhead, (Or otherwise awkward positions necessary to fix equipment).
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move items over 50 pounds with assistance.
- Lifting shoulder high up to 35 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders, bend to 90 degrees repeatedly.
- Ability to work in unusual or extreme elements; such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Ability to work safely from a ladder.
- Ability to operate a scissor lift, boom, and bucket lift and work at heights of up to 30 feet.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work will require very fine dexterity, tactile sensitivity, and extreme muscular control of the hands.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.