Automation & Simulation Manager – Global ME FC/DC
At Electrolux, we are on a journey to shape living for the better. By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living.
Within GME Fabric&Dish care, the Automation & Simulation team plays a fundamental role as it aims to guide two fundamental technological challenges:
- the global automation program by constituting the link between the Global ME Automation team (called to define the technological standards for all PLs) and the PL Businees Areas teams, on which the implementation at plant level is articulated.
- the development of the virtualization of the manufacturing processes introducing new tools for simulation; implement the digital Product Lifecycle Management.
In this context, the manager has a fundamental role not only for his technical knowledge but also for the ability to interact globally with the entire network, including engineers placed in the BAs and Plant teams.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
Based in the Porcia (PN) plant, this person directly reports to the Global ME Fabric & Dish Care Senior Director, and is in charge of leading the automation program and all activities related to virtual machining and commissioning within Global ME Fabric&Dish.
• Lead the automation & simulation FC&DC extended global team
• Draw the Global Automation road map for FC & DC, proposing new applications, evaluating their technical feasibility, impact on costs and on investments, ensuring a close cooperation with R&D when it comes to new product design
• Ensure the execution of the automation projects included in the Global automation program, monitoring project progress in close contact with BAs and Plants
• Globally ensure the best utilization of the skilled resources and their constant technical upgrade
• Drive the pool of automation experts, including the coordination of external supports if requested
• Validate concepts of smart automations and indicate appropriate applications
• Ensure the application of global standard solutions in cooperation with Global Automation
• In charge of standardized automation solutions and benchmarking across all Bas
• In charge of virtual commissioning solutions to debug automation control logic and PLC code in a virtual environment before download to real equipment.
• Define and own methodologies and tools related to Design For Automation (DFA) techniques and other tools supporting the use of assembly simulations for virtual verification
• In charge of maintaining the global database including 3D layouts, simulation models and automation applications
• Be the specific reference for Plant simulation for all major projects
• Contribute to define the virtualization roadmap for GME Fabric&Dish Care
• Drive the introduction of the Digital Modular Product Lifetime Management within FC&DC GME team
• In charge of extending the usage of computerized tools to simulate and model manufacturing of parts in order to replicate the behavior and errors of the real environment in virtual systems.
• Support analysis of ergonomic compliance through simulation tools
• Communicative - Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues at all levels.
• Agile - Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly, to deliver results. A fast thinker with ability to pick up and treat new information rapidly.
• Influential - You know your stuff and can articulate it well, building a case that is sound and people can buy into.
• Open minded – With a curious approach, you are innovative in finding new solutions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Strong computer skills particularly Microsoft Office applications
• Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing
• Ability to work in a Matrix Organization and multinational team
• Goal-oriented, persevering, focused on quality
• Available to travel internationally
• Good analytical and methodical problem solving skills
• Ability to work in multicultural teams, open and innovative mindset