Automation Technician - 1st Shift
Responsible for maintaining and/or repairing company production automation and support equipment. Repairs and maintains all plant automation in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, manufacturer's specifications and blueprints. Perform tasks related to preventative maintenance, mechanical machine repairs, inspection and testing of equipment and specific projects. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality and Reliability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- These are generally duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as the detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent.
- Provide controls technical support to all Technicians, across all departments, with PLC’s, HMI’s, Robots, Variable
- Frequency Drives, AC/DC motors, Servos and I/O modules.
- Install, maintain and repair machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems in the facility.
- Understands that performing job tasks in a safe manner is the highest priority.
- Reports any unsafe condition or act immediately to supervision or EHS team member.
- Understands company safety. Initiates and acts as facilitator on the floor to promote those initiatives.
- May be asked to participate in accident/incident reviews and develop corrective actions.
- Responsible for housekeeping and 5S in his or her respective area of work or areas as directed by the departmental supervisor.
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills and be a team player.
- Must be knowledgeable and capable of responding to emergency situations.
- Completes preventative maintenance sheets issued by scheduler/planner, maintenance lead mechanic, supervisor or maintenance manager.
- Inspects plant equipment for proper working condition and safe operation.
- Uses CMMS Maintenance System to document work order.
- Create, revise, and improve parts kits working with salary planner/scheduler to build part kits into CMMS.
- Records all parts needed for repairs to be performed.
- Records all parts used for repairs.
- Reduce unplanned stoppages through effective Root Cause Analysis.
- Keeps accurate record of downtime of plant equipment.
- Issues work requests for issues needing attention when equipment is down.
- Cultivate (through active participation in the team) an environment that helps to build and strengthen the team concept and sets the culture of that Zero Safety Incidents, Zero Quality Defects, and Zero Preventable Stoppages is achievable.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals blue prints and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Must be able to read blueprints and use measuring instruments.
- Must possess an understanding of electronic and mechanical components to troubleshoot and repair.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have a basic knowledge of the safe use and care of hand and power tools.
- Must be able to Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals; compute ratio and percent and interpret bar graphs.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Abides by Electrolux’s company rules, policies and procedures.
- Complies with all OSHA safety and health regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing effectively with Managers, supervisors, and peers.
- Knows and utilizes precision maintenance techniques.
- Lead and participate in root cause analysis of equipment or parts.
- Safely comply with health, safety & environmental requirements education/work experience.
- Associates/Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings
- Experience with communication protocols such as Ethernet/IP, DeviceNet, ControlNet, DH+, and Profibus.
PLC / Servo system programming required; multiple platforms such as Allen Bradley PLC5, RSLogix 500, and Control Logix. Siemens S7 PLC and Servo Drive programming and troubleshooting experience a plus.
- HMI programming required; Allen Bradley Panelbuilder and FactoryTalk View.Siemens WinCC experience a plus.
- Experience with programming / troubleshooting ABB or Kuka robots.
- Strong computer skills required; Microsoft Office proficiency as well as Computerized Maintenance Management Systems experience preferred.
- May be required to work weekends/shutdowns based on set up needs on these machines.
- Must be able to operate a computer and a tablet (iOS and android).
- The appropriate candidate for this position is results oriented, team player, self-starting, dynamic, flexible, and strongly motivated to succeed and deliver.