B2B Business Development Specialist
Business Unit - Sales
Reports To – B2B Key Account Manager (B2B & Kitchen)
Responsible for develop New business strategies and lead BtoB business growth while being a bridge and catalyst for the Korea sales team.
A Typical Day
Primarily you will be on the road building relationship with customers (Venders, Distributors, End customers). You will be required to support & develop BtoB sales channel include Kitchen retailer (Hanssem, ENEX, Rivart etc).
· Sales strategy and developing plan of BtoB Market
· Key account and vendor management & Support
· Operational Excellence
As our roles and business requirements continue to evolve you may be required to perform additional duties.
Who You Are
· Customer focused - You understand and empathize with people and can apply your people and problem solving skills to reassuring customers.
· Agile - Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
· Analytical - With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
· Collaborative - You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
· Competitive - Focused on achieving your targets – and those of customers.
· Negotiator - You understand good negotiations begin long before doing a deal, through building good working relationships, understanding your suppliers’ motivations and starting from a confident position.
Keeping you Healthy and Safe
We want you to return home in even better shape than when you started, so we need you to help us do this by making sure you follow a few simple steps. We need you to:
· Make sure you take reasonable care for your own health and safety, and
· Take reasonable care that what you do (or what you don’t do when you should have) doesn’t affect the health and safety of others, and
· Follow reasonable instructions that we might give from time-to-time, such as reporting incidents and hazards, and
· Follow policies or procedures, so long as it’s reasonable and we’ve told you about it, and
· Attend training that helps you to work safely