BA NA Mexico Operations Supply Chain Director-End to End
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
Effectively plans and implements work for production departments ensuring parts or materials and manpower are available for the department to perform the assigned duties. Plans engineering changes and coordinates into production when appropriate. Performs capacity analyses by specific work center. Implements Demand Flow techniques where appropriate. Makes decisions to release, firm, cancel, or defer work based upon current inventory, demand, capacity, and material availability. Responsible for maintaining appropriate inventory levels.
- Responsible for planning production activities to ensure adequate supply of finished goods availability to meet customer demand with no backorders of finished products or service parts.
- Implements JIT and Demand Flow techniques into production. Understands and facilitates the use of KANBAN and 5-S processes to ensure the highest quality and consistency are attainable to production.
- Plans engineering changes to ensure ECN instructions are clear and compiled with; works with Production and Purchasing to stop procurement of material affected by change, keeps designated engineers informed of ECN
- implementation status; coordinates proper rotation of inventory to minimize scrap/reworked parts.
- Provides leadership and direction to master planners, schedulers, inventory control personnel and material handling supervision.
- Responsible for effective operation and leadership of the finished goods warehouse and establishes inventory levels of finished goods utilizing and demand flow techniques.
- Responsible for coordinating and administrating all related activities incumbent of the receipt, supply and inventory manage of the raw material since it arrives until it get to the shipping area as a finish product.
- Responsible to apply all the requirements related to EMS, ISO9001/14001 requirements according to the position.
- Coordination of customs activities related to Food Preservation and Fabric Care product shipments with the customs department.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Education: BS degree in Industrial/Operations Management or related business field.
- Previous Experience: +10 years in management in materials and logistics areas.
- English and Spanish (written and spoken).
- Experience inbound control, Production Control, Materials, Outbound, Warehouse and Shipping
- Strong knowledge of production scheduling, warehouse, and material handling operations, methods, and practices.
- Knowledge of customs, both US and Mexican regulations.
- Ability to develop personnel and work groups into high performing teams by visible leadership among all levels of associates.
- Strong knowledge of computer-based production scheduling activities with history of development of routings and communication skills to effectively lead change to various processes with no associated production downtime.
- Knowledge on JDE system is a plus.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment while maintaining professional demeanor.
- Experience in establishment of production plan from sales forecast with varying degrees of accuracy.Understanding of manufacturing processes that affect ability to react quickly to unanticipated orders and establishment of
- inventory levels to support these challenges.