Make ideas come to life. Globally.
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
Back-end Developer – Porcia (Italy)
Electrolux Global Connectivity & Technology (GC&T) organization is looking to strengthen its international team committed to deliver the connectivity services for the Group’s growing portfolio of connected products.
We are looking for an experienced Back-end Developer to join our Cloud & Backend develop Team in Porcia, Italy.
The Back-end Developer will work on mission-critical applications in several areas, as part of the Cloud & Backend develop Team.
The Team design, develops, maintains and supports applications to provide basic and essential services for globally connected appliances.
The Team work in cross collaboration with various functions of GC&T (IoT Integration, Connected Consumer Solutions, Electronics, Strategy, Technology, Project Management, etc.), IT and relevant group Sectors (Major Appliances, Small Appliances / Home Comfort and Professional).
The person in this role is able to implement, test and deploy high-performance, scalable, enterprise-level applications. The Back-end will deliver required application enhancements and modifications to meet business requirements according to specifications provided by the team where the Developer actively participate. The Developer can successfully apply the agile development process and knows well the entire software development lifecycle.
The primary responsibility will be to design and develop layers of our applications, in according with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure, coordinate by technical leader. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
Please describer the key duties/interactions/challenges
Design, develop and test software applications
Maintain systems by identifying and correcting software defects
Participate in requirement analysis and definition
Create technical specifications
Work with other Teams to align understanding of requirements and to develop system in order to define and design robust user centric application solutions
Work as part of an Agile development team to solve problems and develop projects in a fast paced environment
Demonstrate a basic degree of creativity and problem solving skills
Follow the established software development life cycle
Follow established coding standards and naming conventions
Support applications using software development methodologies including structured programming, documentation, design and code review
Collaborate with UX resources to drive consistent look and feel of user interface
Collaborate with database resources to ensure robust and complete data access and manipulation
Collaborate with IT Operations to ensure hardware and software are aligned to deliver business requirements
Soft skills/personality traits
• Team oriented and good communication skills
• Ability to take initiative and be proactive
• Ability to work in a matrix organization, building strong and valid relationships with all the functions in the organization
• Attitude to continuous improvement in all the job areas
• Open minded
• Ability to quickly comprehend functions and capabilities of new technologies.
• Willing to travel and to stay at different Electrolux sites when required
• Willing to keep technical background always up-to-date, commitment to technical excellence
• Well organized, detail oriented, ability to multi-task, excellent time-management, planning and prioritization
• Experience of working by agile methodology is a plus
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
Who are you
• Innovative. You know your stuff and apply your knowledge and new ways of thinking to innovate new ways of working
• Collaborative. You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
• Agile. Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
• Curious. You want to know everything about everything – then you take it all apart and put it back together.
• A team player. You nurture and develop the relationships that implement innovation
Solid English, spoken and written, is mandatory for this role.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Electronic engineering / Computer science / Information technology or similar; Master’s degree is a plus
• 2+ years of experience in a similar role
• Experience within a complex international organization, also for open source projects, is a plus
Must have strong understanding of code programming principles.
• Proficient knowledge of server side software technology, programming language relative framework and architectures, Proved experience in developing complex web solutions
• Proficient knowledge of the NET Core technology
• Proficient knowledge of the c#
• Understanding to manage a hosting environment, including database administration as well as scaling applications to handle load changes
• Understanding of Mobile web development or cloud app development is a plus
• Understanding of CRM platforms
• Knowledge of accessibility and security compliance
• Knowledge of Database technologies – RDBMS or NoSQL
• Knowledge of Atlassian suite (JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence) and Jenkins CI server is a plus
• Experience in writing re-usable unit test documents
• Experience in the use of version control / source code management tools, such as Git
Want to know more about what we do within the Electrolux Group?
Ever wondered what the smart home of the future could be like? Watch this video about Electrolux’s take on what a fully connected smart home could offer the consumer: http://www.electroluxgroup.com/en/electrolux-design-explores-the-smart-home-of-the-future-23769/ .
ABOUT ELECTROLUX GROUP
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances and appliances for professional use, based on deep consumer insight. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative and sustainable solutions, developed in close collaboration with professional users. Read more about what we do here: http://www.electroluxgroup.com/en/