REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Benefits Specialist is responsible for implementing benefits projects and program enhancements, driving process improvement initiatives, and auditing benefits information in the benefits administration system. This position also supports ongoing benefits administration of employee health, welfare, and retirement plans. The role serves as a day-to-day liaison to benefit carriers and oversees vendor support to ensure benefit plans are set up and functioning properly.
- Oversee and drive benefits projects from approval through implementation, including gathering benefit plan requirements, partnering with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring complete data and file integration, testing, and communication development.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts on benefits processes and identify opportunities that create employee engagement with benefits programs.
- Partner with Wellness Program Manager to drive wellness activities at all locations and participate as Ambassador on the Wellness Committee.
- Review monthly benefits utilization data for locations to determine key focus areas for disease management and communicate through quarterly site Benefit claims meetings.
- Partner with HRIS team to ensure that HR systems properly store benefits data for reporting and benefits initiatives and provide updated system requirements to reflect benefit program changes and carrier or vendor changes as part of the annual enrollment process.
Conduct ongoing state and local benefit legislative research and create and maintain a state law database on benefit plan requirements.
- Lead educational sessions on benefit offerings to employees including new hire orientation and annual benefits enrollment training.
- Develop training materials and communication materials to enhance organizational awareness of benefit programs and educate HRBPs and managers on processes related to Electrolux benefit programs.
- Respond to benchmark benefit surveys including Employer of Choice applications.
- Manage and update all benefit Plan Documents and policies and coordinate the distribution of regulatory requirements (SAR, funding notices, etc.).
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You start and you finish, taking leadership of getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of four years relevant experience in HR for US or international organizations, preferably in a multinational company or with a consultancy firm.
- At least one year of project management experience.
- HR or benefits specific certification (i.e. CEBS, PHR) preferred.
- Exceptional customer service skills: ability to effectively interface with all levels of the organization and work effectively as part of a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; experience creating and generating Excel spreadsheets (e.g., V-lookup, graphs, pivot tables, dashboards) and PowerPoint presentations.
- Familiarity with local, state, and federal laws and regulations such as Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), state and local leave laws, preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to accomplish results within a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with professionalism.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Continuous improvement mindset and ability to implement and drive change.
- Excellent math skills and ability to conduct complex analyses.