BI Lead Developer
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Lead Developer to design, develop, and manage our BI solutions that turn data into actionable insights. In this role, the developer will translate business requirements into reporting capabilities while promoting data literacy across the business. This person must be analytical with strong problem-solving skills and business acumen, a strong desire for continuous improvement and automation, the ability to work through influence and collaboration, and a strong focus on delivery.
- Provide leadership and guidance in the assessment and design of BI Reporting to support reporting needs, requirements and goals.
- Assess the fit of new requirements and solutions into mid and long-term solution strategy and architectural roadmap.
- Identify reports and dashboards that can be re-used within the EluxOne Template to drive consistency, cost reduction, and increases speed to market.
- Understand, advocate, and support the Electrolux NA business and IT strategy, promoting best practices, standards, and leveraging system platform potential.
- Connecting to data sources, importing data, and transforming data for business intelligence.
- Presenting information in the form of reports, dashboards, and other visualizations.
- Develops technical specifications and performs unit test plans.
- Creates technical specifications and unit test plans.
- Write database queries and analyze data.
- Analyzes business requirements.
- Research and designs reports/applications.
- Write new reports/applications or modify existing reports/applications.
- Test all code and refine as necessary.
- Analyze and debug report/application issues quickly and effectively.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You’re open minded about where ideas come from and how they can be applied to enable innovation.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years BI experience required.
- 5 years of experience designing and developing Power BI Reports, or equivalent tools.
- 5+ years of experience writing complex SQL queries, stored procedures and/or ETL tools and procedures.
- 5+ years of experience with Data Warehousing Concepts and Practices.
- Demonstrated experience and strong acumen across the Microsoft Power BI Suite including DAX, SQL, SSAS, Report Builder, Data Model integration with Excel and integration with SSRS, SSAS, and SSIS.
- Basic understanding of Reporting Architecture design and maintenance.
- Knowledge and experience in prototyping, designing, and requirement analysis.
- Able to develop tabular and multidimensional models that are compatible with data warehouse standards.
- Strong experiences with MS Office tool suite.