BI Lead Developer
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In your role, you will translate business requirements into reporting capabilities while promoting data literacy across the organization. You will work closely with the Business and IT teams to understand technical and functional data requirements and oversee the design, creation and support of all data solutions ensuring data integrity, security, stability, and fluidity of information throughout the data lifecycle. You will collaborate with global data teams to ensure alignment to the overall Global Data Strategy. You will work in a self-directed and independent manner.
- Business partnering with sales, marketing, merchandizing, business intelligence, sales operations, commercial finance, and newly created Direct-to-Consumer (D2C) team.
- Provide leadership and guidance in the assessment and design of BI Reporting to support reporting needs, requirements and goals.
- Assess the fit of new requirements and solutions into mid and long-term solution strategy and architectural roadmap.
- Rationalize and Standardize reports and dashboards across the organization to drive simplification, consolidation, and consistency.
- Understand, advocate, and support the Electrolux NA business and IT strategies, promoting best practices, standards, and leveraging system platform potential.
- Seek out innovative ways to use information to drive decisions and empower the business.
- Guide business partners in the evolution from descriptive reporting to predictive and ultimately prescriptive reporting.
- Leverage the data warehouse and data assets to convert excel-based, manual reporting to automated reports and dashboards.
- Collaborate and act as liaison with Global Data Science team on existing and future data science projects.
- Analyze business requirements, develop technical specifications, write database queries, analyze data and develop reporting solutions.
- Analyze and debug report/application issues quickly and effectively.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build networks and trust, good working relationships and apply your influence to shaping change.
- Focused on achieving your targets – and those of customers.
- You start and you finish, taking responsibility for getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You’re open minded about where ideas come from and how they can be applied to enable innovation.
- You want to know everything about everything – then you take it all apart and put it back together.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years BI experience required.
- 5 years of experience designing and developing Power BI Reports, or equivalent tools.
- 5+ years of experience writing complex SQL queries, stored procedures and/or ETL tools and procedures.
- 5+ years of experience with Data Warehousing Concepts and Practices.
- Demonstrated experience and strong acumen across the Microsoft Power BI Suite including DAX, SQL, SSAS, Report Builder, Data Model integration with Excel and integration with SSRS, SSAS, and SSIS.
- Basic understanding of Reporting Architecture design and maintenance.
- Knowledge and experience in prototyping, designing, and requirement analysis.
- Able to develop tabular and multidimensional models that are compatible with data warehouse standards.
- Strong experiences with MS Office tool suite.