Border Operations Specialist
El Paso, Tx
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
This position will have
responsibility for assuring that the company’s daily import operations on the
Southern Border are in compliance with customs regulations, import controls,
and other laws affecting international commerce. This person will also manage
self-filing operation to include trade compliance staff at the El Paso office
and coordinating customs clearance activities in an efficient and cost
- Maintain a timely, uninterrupted release of cargo at Customs cargo lots.
- Responsible for Customs valuation, import classification, overseeing payment of statements and Southern border import operations including trade and regulatory compliance.
- Work with freight forwarders and other links in the Electrolux Supply Chain to ensure timely clearance of shipments.
- Ensure compliance with all USMCA, other FTA, special preference programs, and other government agencies regulations and requirements.
- Accountable for ensuring import operations remain in adherence with Anti-Dumping and Countervailing Duty (ADD / CVD) orders, and reporting of such.
- Manage programs and activities to participate in and benefit from special U.S. Customs trade programs such as CTPAT, FAST, Container Security Initiative, etc.
- Maintain all necessary and applicable records required by CBP for all import/export transactions as detailed in the “(a)(1)(A) list”, referenced in 19 CFR Appendix to Part 163.
- Develop and maintain EHP Southern Border trade compliance manual, policies, and procedures, updating regularly and as needed.
- Serve as internal auditor, ensuring adherence to U.S. Customs laws and regulations, making improvements and taking corrective actions as necessary.
- Monitor regulatory changes from various channels, to include participation in trade organizations, constant education, and review of CBP publications, and communicates such changes and impacts to Electrolux management and team members.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs service delivery.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You start and you finish, taking responsibility for getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You can manage changing priorities with ease.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or other related major preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of import industry experience of which five or more years of this experience must be in international trade and customs compliance, preferably in a multi-national environment.
- Customs Broker’s License preferred.
- Must be fully proficient in Spanish and English, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of US Customs regulations; Harmonized Tariff System; and US Customs Audit, ISA, ACE, and C-TPAT programs.
- Hands-on Customs brokerage experience including the filing of 7501s, 3461s, and self-filing experience (preferred).
- In-depth understanding of international transportation.
- Excellent ability in both written and oral communication.
- Proven ability to lead collaboration across functional lines to successfully complete projects and meet corporate objectives.
- Knowledge of how organizations function and how to get things done through formal and informal channels.