Brand Manager, China & New Markets, APAC & MEA
The mission of the Brand Manager is to establish AEG & Electrolux as premium brands in China, by bringing the brand purpose and our taste, care, and wellbeing experiences to life across touchpoints.
He or she will build a deep understanding of the AEG & Electrolux target audiences to develop clear brand positionings and industry-leading content and campaigns that will be used across China.
A vital part of the Business Area (BA) Marketing team, he or she will work in partnership with the local team on the Integrated Marketing Activity Planning process for China, leveraging synergies from other markets where possible.
A Typical Day
- Work in partnership with the local China Marketing team to build an aligned strategic marketing plan that supports our growth strategy in China.
- Leverage your deep understanding of the social media + influencer/KOL marketing, content, ecommerce, and media landscapes in China to build solid content plans that the local team can execute.
- Work alongside the BA Product Marketing team in the development of launch content for new and existing products, taking content from across categories and adapting it for the China ecommerce environment.
- Work closely with the Consumer Insight team to develop a deep knowledge of our brand Target Audiences.
- Be a key stakeholder in the development of the Brand portfolio strategy, understanding where we should expand and where we should rationalize.
- Work closely with the wider Brand team in the creative development of AEG and Electrolux campaigns to ensure the materials are modular and adaptable for touchpoints in China.
- Guide the local marketing team in the execution and deployment of regional activities.
- Together with the BA Digital team, reinforce a data-driven approach to media planning and marketing investment, aimed at driving key brand, engagement, and sales metrics.
- Work alongside the BA Retail & Shopper Marketing team to develop retail touchpoint guidelines, content and execution plans that are suitable for China.
- Build capability (cross-functionally and geographically) to create brand-building advocates across the organisation.
- Lead brand training sessions with the cross-function China teams, working closely with the Global and European brand teams.
- Share best practices from across APAC & MEA and other Business Areas, identifying opportunities to drive synergy, scale, and quality.
- Evaluate success, analyse performance, learn, improve.
Who You Are
- Passionate – about the consumer and in delivering simply outstanding experiences.
- Lead – You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- Organised - you set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- Agile - Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- Dynamic – you have the ability to think in a creative and strategic way, but are adept at delivering operationally to ensure tasks are followed through to completion.
- Energetic - Your enthusiasm is infectious and inspires and engages your colleagues and collaborators to achieve, deliver, and be accountable for their work.
- You’ll also have the stamina essential to delivering results in both the short and long term.
- Negotiator - Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels across by building strong interpersonal relationships.
- Fast learner – with the ability to adapt quickly in unfamiliar situations.
- Data driven – with strong analytical skills that form the basis of your decision making
- University degree in Marketing or related area.
- 7+ year’s professional experience in consumer-driven companies specifically focused on Greater China, with deep knowledge of the social media + influencer/KOL marketing, content, media, ecommerce, and channel landscapes.
- Fluent in English & Mandarin (oral & written)