The Merchandising, Pricing and Business Intelligence Promotional Analyst position is responsible for providing predictive & prescriptive analytics for promotional product category strategies with Merchandising, Sales and Product lines. Candidate is expected to develop an expert-level understanding of competitive promotional patterns, trends, and insights while working collaboratively with the merchandising teams to validate EMA promotional strategies and opportunities. The analyst position is a critical role in our decision making process with sales, product line and marketing stakeholders to assist in meeting the objectives of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify patterns and relations across different sources of information and synthesize these into relevant and actionable insights regarding past performance and future business scenarios
- Develop processes to drive investment inputs (in-store, print and digital) for use in promotional analysis
- Maintain forecasts and analytical modeling tools to help problem solving to support the organizational growth objectives.
- Develop and manage business processes to generate standardized variables designed to increase accuracy, consistency, & collaboration across the organization.
- Identify trends in financial performance and provide recommendations for promotional improvement.
- Prepare reports and projections based on the various analysis
- Collaborate with merchandising, product line, sales and pricing to create scenario analysis tools to support merchandising recommendations with improved return on our promotional investments
- Maintain market data scientist volume lift integration for forward looking ROI planning
- Lead the development and implementation of a competitive data base for ease of use in tracking and analyzing national promotions by brand and retailer
- Responsible for sharing with marketing, sales, product line and finance ROI analysis and price elasticity of digital, print, and in-store promotions
- Collaborate with finance and connect the promotional investment activities with the company financial.
- A passion to provide solutions to problems by going beyond identifying and analyzing the data.
- Lead predictive promotional ROI optimization through collaboration with Finance, Merchandisers, Sales, Demand Planning, & Product Line with analysis, insights and recommendations.
- Integrate predictive sell out forecast with demand planning forecast for analysis and observations for use cross functionally.
- Develop visual dashboards to communicate findings of the data to tell the story to stakeholders
- Improves productivity through automation and standardization
- Maintain MDS tables for improved promotional retail analytics
- Manage 3rd Party Retail Sales data and develop Microsoft Power BI applications for internal analysis
- Manage 3rd Party Web data and develop Power BI applications for internal analysis
- Bachelor degree required, MBA preferred.
- 2+ years of data analyst / finance / engineer experience.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Office
- SQL, Power BI, Qlikview, Tableau experience a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Effective communication and presentation skills, including the ability to simplify, translate and communicate technical information to non-technical stakeholders
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Capable of setting priorities, meeting pre-determined deadlines and multi-tasking
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaboration skills, including a proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Good basic knowledge of advertising, marketing and sales
- Unquestionable business ethics and integrity
- Structured, operative, pragmatic attitude and approach to tasks
- Analytical experience and proven competency in MS Office Applications and tools such as SAS office analytics, SAS VA and Qlikview.