Business Area Controller
DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
You will lead and develop the Business Area Controlling function for North America. This position reports to the CFO, BA NA and is based in Charlotte, NC. You will partner with the BA NA leadership, the BA NA Finance Leadership and Global Business Area Controlling function. You will positively impact the Business Area’s results by developing and executing the business area’s strategies. You will be part of the BA NA Finance Leadership Team where you will contribute significantly to support, develop, and implement the regional Finance strategy.
- Effectively partner with the BA leadership and Finance Leadership Team to provide accurate, timely information and analysis on the current and forecasted business results.
- Provide management team with proposed action steps to ensure delivery of financial targets and commitments where needed.
- Direct weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting requirements including related financial analysis. Effectively communicate and coordinate the exchange of financial information (plans, actual results, and outlook) to key stakeholders. This includes the annual budget, forecasts, and management reporting.
- Identify and execute on opportunities to meet business area needs, improve performance, drive out costs, and provide meaningful information to drive decision making.
- Main point of contact for Group Business Analysis team by providing the most up-to date business and financial information and analysis of the current and future performance.
- Reliable representative of BA Financial Management towards other internal departments (Group Controlling, Treasury, Group Accounting, etc.) & external auditors.
- Contribute to development of Global Controlling/cross-business area collaboration through sharing best practice and actively participates in driving the finance skills forward.
- Cross functional point of contact for the different BA Controlling functions (PL, Sales, SC, Marketing, etc.)
- Coordinate the BA budget process and strategic planning.
- Liaise with appropriate stakeholders for the budget, strategic planning preparation, communication, and data management.
- Ensure data and information is provided in a timely and accurate manner by all business stakeholders.
- Ensure synergies & alignment between Strategic & Financial BA Controlling.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You know your stuff and apply your knowledge and new ways of thinking to innovate new ways of working.
- You are open to opportunity and can see the bigger picture, keeping consumers and colleagues front of mind as you embrace the opportunities that our diversity offers.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years of experience in relevant finance roles (Accounting /Controlling), preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 5 years in a Finance leadership position.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- CPA, CMA, or MBA preferred.
- Demonstrated experience translating KPI’s into immediate improvement actions, decreasing costs/increasing revenue.
- Demonstrated experience in financial reporting and analysis, cost reduction, inventory control, tracking and managing costs and results against a budget.
- Effective talent development and management of others.
- Unquestionable business ethics and integrity.
- Project management experience, leading and working with diverse individuals in cross-functional team.
- Excellent communication, written and presentation skills with ability to thrive in a matrix organization.
- Lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, or similar experience preferred.
- Previous SAP experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint & Word, data mining and report writing (SQL, ODBC, Business Objects, Web Intelligence, Crystal Reports, etc.)