Business Controller - Indonesia
To be the effective business
partner to the country management team in delivering profitable growth and to
ensure financial transactions, policies, and procedures meet Group business
objectives and are in accordance with local statutory requirements, APAC &
MEA Business Area and Group accounting policies, principles, and standards.
A Typical Day
- To act as a business partner to the country General Manager and to the country management team in driving the business to achieve the organizational objectives
- Manage the monthly forecasting / annual planning processes. Develop and implement Country financial strategy that aligns with the organization's vision and its current and long-term business objectives. Support the GM in target setting, defining actions/initiatives needed and secure successful execution of agreed plans.
- Monitor and drive financial performance against targets / commitments and implement action plan to improve financial performance where necessary detailing risks and opportunity to the achievement the financial targets and drive improvement also based on external benchmark. Proactively capitalize opportunities and mitigate risks.
- Focus on ongoing efficiency improvements of the P&L and balance sheet and lead the integration of the finance team into a more commercial orientated role with business partner focus on business cases, trade allowance focus, pricing, mix etc.
- Manage the timely and accurate monthly closing of financial accounts, preparation of financial reports, and provide actionable insight and recommendations.
- Ensure that business cases and investments such as new product launches, capital expenditure, sale of assets meet group requirements and are financially viable.
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team to ensure that the organization's strategies and systems are implemented effectively, consistently and according to established guidelines.
- Lead local execution of regional initiatives or projects from time to time
- Work closely with finance shared services team and Business Area staff functions, particularly Finance, Audit, Legal, Tax, and Treasury.
- Ensure compliance with Indonesia local and statutory requirements around financial reporting and tax regulations.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or other relevant disciplines
- Over 5-year experience as a Business Controller or similar capability with full responsibility for financial performance & internal control
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Knowledge of procedural controls and data validation techniques required
- Financial Modelling expertise is critical
- Highly energetic, ambitious leader who can lead others and self with a strong focus on delivering results
- Openness with customer focus
- Strong cross-collaborator with good networking skills
- Highly agile and adaptable with strong business acumen. Experience in home appliances industry is not an absolute prerequisite, but preferable.
- Good level of financial technical understanding
- Able to display an attitude of continuous improvement in all areas of the business.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast paced environment
- Maturity, professionalism and high level of discretion is required
- Strong work ethic with a positive, can do attitude
- Independent worker and analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems
- Strong presence with ability to interact with Senior Leadership
- Ability to manage, lead and develop people, build strong team and talent pipeline in a culturally diverse environment and is able to motivate and lead changes.
- High integrity, honesty and morale.