Business Development Director, APAC & MEA
The Asia Pacific & Middle East & Africa (APAC & MEA) region is a core growth region for Electrolux. In order to achieve that the APAC & MEA Business Development Director will drive management alignment and M&A projects in close cooperation with the Sector CEO & CFO as well as with other senior leaders in the sector. Therefore, we are now looking for a Business Development Director to lead the M&A activities and corporate strategy in the region, reporting to the APAC EMA Sector CFO
A key objective is to increase the prospect pipeline and manage a wide range of prospects and projects simultaneously - and thereby increase likelihood of deals in line with the overall business strategy. Another key objective is to build more in-house capability in M&A, reducing dependency on external advisory.
Another key role of this position is to assist senior management in formulating business strategy and implementing the strategic initiatives through acquisitions and other corporate development means e.g. partnership and licensing projects; which are well-aligned with the overall Group’s strategic plan.
Key Operational Responsibilities:
• Coordinate the formulation and support the implementation of the EMA APAC & MEA business strategic plan, both multi-year and yearly plan, aligning with the Group strategy
• Evaluating existing/new and related markets/product lines/adjacencies for growth opportunities by coordinating/conducting formal and informal market research; collecting and communicate key competitive intelligence and competitors landscape to senior management; and respond with adjustment to business strategic plan, if required.
• Create robust M&A targets pipeline and actively engage targets
• Coordinate M&A activities and advise Business Sector Management for decision making
• Facilitate structured communication to internal stakeholders within EMA APAC & MEA business sector management and other group functions, such as Group M&A.
• Manage commercial/financial/operational due diligence, formulate detailed business plan, develop strategic rationale and value creation plan, and post –closing integration plan and implementation.
• Key participation in transaction negotiation
• Other ad hoc strategic projects
• An estimated total work experience of 10+ years, whereof at least 5 years of experience with international M&A, both from analysis and project/deal flow point of view
• MSc in Finance or equivalent relevant top academic credentials
• Experience in Strategy and Business Case view on both small and large/complex acquisition
• Fluent in P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow matters
• Proven knowledge and experience in Valuation incl. DCF and peer valuation; and business plan formulation
• Deep, preferably native, experience of China/India/Middle East/Southeast Asia business, languages and culture
• International/regional experience highly valued in the position (living abroad, travelling, language skills, intercultural understanding etc)
• Strong leadership/ analytical and organizational skills
• Effective communicator; high personal commitment and integrity with great persuasion skills
• High energy, “can-do” attitude, persistent and responsive to changes
• Creative in problem solving