Business Intelligence Specialist, Global Purchasing
Drive change here. Make a real difference in homes around the world.
Business Intelligence Specialist - Global Purchasing
Global Purchasing is a fundamental contributor for the achievement of the company objectives and is part of the Global Purchasing organization. In our competitive world, we build on long-term relationships with our suppliers, the best value for money, the most meaningful innovation and excellent quality with respect for our values. Our mission is to support the company in delivering on time with the perfect quality at the right cost, so that as a company we can live up to the expectations of our customers and end consumers. We are looking for a Business Intelligent Specialist to join our team at Stockholm HQ.
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
REGULAR DAY AT WORK
As Business Intelligence Specialist, you will develop the purchasing intelligence analyst role to help global purchasing at Electrolux in the following areas; Market informatics in commodity prices, macroeconomic information. Predictive analytics to develop price forecasts, demand patterns. Drive and execute financial planning and strategic plans coordinating with the global product lines as well as the global commodities controlling.
You will periodically collect, analyze and communicate relevant macroeconomic and market trends impacting business. You’ll run statistical analyses like regression, correlations to predict the price trends while analyzing and communicating the key market drivers for various commodities. You’ll be adept at carrying out competitor analysis and are someone who can identify risks and opportunities. You will confidently analyze the data to identify disruptors, outliers etc. You will follow up macro- economic developments impacting the business and manage the commodity prices databases including hedging positions. You will manage the informatics system and information periodically bought by Electrolux and participate in projects with other stakeholders like big data.
• Communicative. Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues at all levels.
• Growth. You actively pursue opportunities for learning and self-development over time, demonstrating a desire to learn from experience
• Analytical. With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
• Agile. You work with urgency, analysing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively
• Organised. You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
• Flexible. You can manage changing priorities with ease.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum 3-5 years as intelligence analyst/specialist preferably in a global environment
• Required languages: English (any other language is an advantage)
• Master degree in Economics/statistics or another similar discipline (MBA preferred)
• Experience from the business intelligence roles preferably in procurement domain
• Proven competence in running statistical analyses
• A genuine interest in data mining and information collection