Business Unit Leader- 2nd Shift
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Door's area Business Unit Leader will manage the human and technical resources of one or more manufacturing areas for all shifts, ensuring all process are made in a safe way, optimizing quality, costs, productivity, delivery, and achievement of operative goals. A primary goal for this role is to achieve continuous improvements and organize and coordinate activities between operational and administrative areas related with the business unit to assure the support to manufacturing. The Business Unit Leader will also lead and teach staff members to ensure all areas have consistent direction.
- Responsible for establishment of efficient, reliable, and profitable manufacturing processes throughout the manufacturing areas under his/her responsibility.
- Achieve optimum employee levels with least amount of overhead, overtime, and raw material costs to meet annual budgetary plan.
- Identify, recommend, and implement changes to improve productivity and quality, while reducing cost and scrap.Direct the establishment, implementation, and maintenance of production standards and continuous improvement processes.
- Maximize capacity utilization using techniques such as EMS tools.
- Leads execution of changes addressed by ECN’s (Engineering Change Notifications), as well as NPI’s (New products introduction).
- Record, monitor, and analyze consistently KPI’s to assure results by identifying opportunity areas.
- Manages all activities of the Production team as well coordinate support areas to make sure the team is the same direction also leads the area in the consistent application of discipline, people, and processes control.
- Coordinates the required support from the different areas as maintenance, product care, industrial engineering, quality, materials, FG warehouse, human resources, etc.
- Responsible for attainment of operational, quality and functional goals as defined by the plant management, including execution of ISO standards and EMS tools.
- Develop and train the personnel in the operational areas, to assure the adequate supply of capable personnel, utilizing the policies established by H.R.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You work efficiently and proactively to deliver results.
- Focused on achieving your targets – and those of customers.
- You start and you finish, taking responsibility for getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You want to know everything about everything – then you take it all apart and put it back together.
- You can manage changing priorities with ease.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- BS Degree in Engineering related field (Electrical, mechanical, or industrial preferable) with knowledge of manufacturing, quality, and continuous improvement processes.
- 3-5 years’ experience leading manufacturing and production control processes.
- Experience in leading and communicating with diverse work groups to include engineers, production scheduling and controls, maintenance, and manufacturing associates.
- Thorough understanding of capacity analysis and manufacturing cost administration.
- Experience in manufacturing processes to include metal fabrication, plastic extrusion, light electronic assembly, and packaging strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Spanish and English (written and oral 70%).