Buyer - Global Chemicals
Purchasing & Sourcing
Evolve purchasing and supply. Change the world.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Within the Global Chemical Organization, Category Buyer has the key responsibility of developing and maintaining a competitive, supportive and high performing portfolio of suppliers to be utilized by the Product Lines. Our mission is to ensure the award of businesses are to the best suppliers through project negotiations, using advanced tools as refined cost models, Supplier Development methodologies, etc… fulfilling the targets of cost, quality and flexibility. We rely on building strong cooperation. We focus on innovation, quality and development of long-term relationships with our strategic suppliers.
- Supporting strategic category management with the objective to leverage, to promote complexity reduction, simplification, modularization, cost performance and innovation
- Support Suppliers Selection, Supplier Development (automation, quality improvement, productivity increase) and LTA’s negotiations
- Support sourcing Decisions in close collaboration with the Global Domain Managers and key stakeholders (Product Line, Quality, Manufacturing, Design)
- Develop and retain strong supplier relationships and manage partnerships with cross functional teams and internal stakeholders.
- Implement improved sourcing methods, tooling optimization and capability understanding, supplier risk assessment
- Assist with cost modelling analysis support, innovation prospection and generate initiatives and projects to deliver leveraged productivity performance cross Product Lines and BA’s
- Evaluate and propose actions and initiatives around simplification and complexity reduction and lead internal and external analysis (industry & supplier) as a member of a cross-functional sourcing team
- Participate in negotiations and use creative ways to drive value by the utilization of Value Based Sourcing and assist in the implementation and expansion payment terms (NOWC).
- Maximize buying efficiency, minimize supply disruption, and financial risks for the Business Areas while identifying potential contract improvement opportunities & re-negotiations.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You start and you finish, taking responsibility for getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You are open to opportunity and can see the bigger picture, keeping consumers and colleagues front of mind as you embrace the opportunities that our diversity offers.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- Maximising efficiencies and hitting KPIs are just the beginning: your real passion is delivering products that change and enhance lives. The rest is a bonus.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Degree in Industrial/Mechanical/Electronics/Electrical Engineer or Economics background is an asset
- Minimum 2 years of relevant purchasing or engineering experience with a proven Track record of delivering cost reductions / value creation.
- Experience and knowledge of the purchasing environment for the commodities managed with the capability to analyze business procurement issues, recommend solutions and strategies, and implement change.
- Strong knowledge of the strategic sourcing methodology and its application of direct materials categories.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively support strategic supplier relationships, including relationship building, performance, development and integration.
- Knowledge of supplier processes and cost drivers with the ability to work with key stakeholders in global locations and at various levels